2000 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 3500 Series model:
2000 Chevy 3500 Crew
By chevelle68 on 08/31/12 12:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series C3500 4dr Crew Cab LB

Bought this truck from an auction - former Forestry Service Truck - in 2011 with only 55,000 miles. This is the last year for the best Chevy body style. Overall the truck is a work horse. It runs and drives great. Some parking lots aren't designed well to accommodate a crew cab long bed. I've had some minor issues with electrical items (fuel, tach, RPM gauges) working intermittently. Folks that complain about fuel mileage..... it's a one ton crew cab long bed with a vorteq 350. Were you expecting anything over 12???

Tough truck
By dave on 10/13/06 11:59 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series C3500 2dr Regular Cab LB

I purchased this truck back in 2002. It is a 454/5 Spd regular cab 2WD which are extremely difficult to find. I have more fun hauling my cars around due to the fact that I get just as many compliments about the truck as well as the cars. Very durable and very fortunate to have one. Not the best for long travel with the family. No room to stretch. I enjoy it mainly for me and one other rider. Gas mileage proportional to load it handles.

Gas hog!
By Jane on 08/13/05 15:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series K3500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

We have the one tonner. Hauled 4 horses cross country before we bought it used. We haul a 32 ft 5th wheel and snowmobiles. It's a true "workhorse" Window motor to passenger side don't work from driver's side, but works from passenger side. Other problem...fuel hog! Better pay attention to the fuel gauge, blink and it's gone.

Great hauler and daily driver
By bmlawless on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series K3500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

This truck is a great vehicle. I have made a few mods to the suspension and motor(7.4L) and it has responded well. I pull a 6000lb boat and carry a 3500lb slide-in camper. We also haul a gooseneck with 8 Black Angus cows. The truck handles the load quite well and it is a very comfortable vehicle to drive on long trips. I get 10/12+mpg empty and a solid 10 loaded, which is much better than the 6/8 I got with my previous truck. I think the brakes feel weak too, but they have never failed to stop me. Overall I think this truck is a great value. I love driving around town and to work as much as I've enjoyed driving it all over the country.

perfect dually
By DOUG on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series C3500 2dr Extended Cab LB

use for towing 36 ft fifth wheel dont even know you are towing unles you watch fuel gauge this is a real truck and my third chev dually----94,97,2000

3500 Crew Cab Dually
By Jerad Flemming on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series C3500 LS 4dr Crew Cab LB

As of now I have no complaints other than gas consumption, but I did not buy this truck for that reason. Minor electrical problems have occured with the window motors.

crew cab
By Pan Parzyck on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series C3500 LS 4dr Crew Cab LB

great truck except for the brakes, had to replace twice in 50000 miles

My Chevy Service Truck
By Rudolph Holmander on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series C3500 2dr Regular Cab LB

250 warp wheel problem 255 undrivable 500mi GM used wheels and tires had to fight Gm for attention to dents in hood & fender Paint on tires fuel gauge 1000mi on-board computer instrument pannel mufler power problems 2500mi fuel pump 3500 mi front end alignment 5000mi front end shake hood new factory color mismatch body misalignment front rotor 7500 mi on-board computer bang vibration GM stated vehicle must be a safety risk to act and relied on dealer who lied to reject claims 15000 miles fuel pump 36000 mi fuel pump 54000 mi fuel pump wiper squeal slap 35000 shakes to stop Seat short hard arm rest uneven drivability absence of seat suport GM said they use remanufactured parts build/repair

Could have been better for the $
By ladybug on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series C3500 4dr Crew Cab LB

For a heavy duty truck they did not put much thought into the brakes. We have had to change the brake pads 3 times as much as should have!! Have had the transmission act up twice in the 2 yrs we have owned. WAY TOO MUCH $ and not enough HEAVY DUTY!!!