1998 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series Consumer Review: It never let me down

1998 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series - Consumer Review

It never let me down
By Justin on

1998 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series K3500 Silverado 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

I really never needed a truck this heavy duty, but it was a windfall. I was very surprised with how comfortable and roomy the interior was. It was our favorite vehicle to take on long trips, or at least it would have been, if it wasn't for the miserable 12mpg the 454 gets. The ride was stiff, but I expected that. I never really put the truck to the test, but I never had to worry about anything with it. It never left us stranded and we walked away from a highway collision at 65mph with only seatbelt bruises, so it is very safe as well.

I will miss the reliability. I had to make a couple repairs (and the parts for this thing were not cheap!) but the only time it ever didn't work, was when my battery dropped a cell (and you can't blame that on the truck). I can only hope I will be able to count on my next vehicle as much.

I agree with some of the others that have said it needs more braking power. I had to leave lots of room even without any load; I would hate to have to stop a heavy trailer with those brakes.