Used 1998 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series Silverado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Ck-3500-series - Consumer Reviews

1998 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific C/K 3500 Series model:

Quality truck
By 70dave

1998 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series Crew Cab C3500 Silverado 4dr Crew Cab LB

Bought this truck used with 97,000 miles. Initially bougt a single rear wheel 3500 with 350/auto. Truck was OK, but I really wanted a dually. Went back to same dealership looking to trade and found this crew cab dually with 454/5 spd. What an awesome truck! It has the Western Hauler package which for this truck is basically badging, nice wood console and a 90gal bed mounted gas tank. We use it to pull a 5th wheel camper and it doesn't even know it's there. Maybe not the towing torque of a diesel but for my needs its great and you can't beat the sound of a big block through Flowmasters. My son thinks it's cool to leave four black marks! Do that with a diesel!

Favorite Features

Roomy interior, reliability, easy to work on, has good ride for a big truck that improves with a load.

Suggested Improvements

Bet you think I'm gonna say gas mileage. What would you expect, but it's as good or better than my dad's 8 liter 2500HD.

Best ever...truckin!
By Dan Nordy

1998 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series Crew Cab C3500 Silverado 4dr Crew Cab LB

This has been the best purchase of my life.. I used to have a ford, and those would not hold up to save my life. We own a stable, and we have to ship livestock, and get every job completed, that I would not rely on any other but my 3500. It has given me smooth running, no problems, and very fun to drive, though the others have said differently. If your thinking about another, dont. Plainly. Dont wait like I did and get something you really do not want. Get THIS truck, great for business, hauling, and has the power of a tractor.

Favorite Features

Love the interior. We are no smoking, and i has lasted lifetimes. You trewat it good, it treats us like wonder. Its got everytthing man! With so many options and features, why pass it by?

Suggested Improvements

Get a diesel.