Used 1998 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C/K 3500 Series model:

Quality truck
By 70dave

1998 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series Crew Cab C3500 Silverado 4dr Crew Cab LB

Bought this truck used with 97,000 miles. Initially bougt a single rear wheel 3500 with 350/auto. Truck was OK, but I really wanted a dually. Went back to same dealership looking to trade and found this crew cab dually with 454/5 spd. What an awesome truck! It has the Western Hauler package which for this truck is basically badging, nice wood console and a 90gal bed mounted gas tank. We use it to pull a 5th wheel camper and it doesn't even know it's there. Maybe not the towing torque of a diesel but for my needs its great and you can't beat the sound of a big block through Flowmasters. My son thinks it's cool to leave four black marks! Do that with a diesel!

Roomy interior, reliability, easy to work on, has good ride for a big truck that improves with a load.

Bet you think I'm gonna say gas mileage. What would you expect, but it's as good or better than my dad's 8 liter 2500HD.

This is a beast.
By L0ve my Ch3vy

1998 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series Crew Cab K3500 Cheyenne 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

I have never owned a truck and needed one for work. I picked this one up at an auction and really had no idea what it had been through. It has some body damage and has been a fleet vehicle so I knew it has seen some rough days but the price was righ so I bought it. I've had it for about 6 months and haven't had to do anything to it even though I've put on over 15000 miles. It is a monster but is still easy to drive. The back seat is the biggest most comfortable I've ever seen. I've loaded it with over 2500 pounds of hardwood and honestly, I hardly noticed. The 4wd is rad. It's just a solid, reliable workmonster.

Manly good looks. I love being the longest truck in any parking lot. I can haul whatever want. I would probably enjoy getting in an accident with it (peace of mind).

A tually (like a dually but with three tires instead of two). That would look pretty ridiculous!

It never let me down
By Justin

1998 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series Crew Cab K3500 Silverado 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

I really never needed a truck this heavy duty, but it was a windfall. I was very surprised with how comfortable and roomy the interior was. It was our favorite vehicle to take on long trips, or at least it would have been, if it wasn't for the miserable 12mpg the 454 gets. The ride was stiff, but I expected that. I never really put the truck to the test, but I never had to worry about anything with it. It never left us stranded and we walked away from a highway collision at 65mph with only seatbelt bruises, so it is very safe as well.

I will miss the reliability. I had to make a couple repairs (and the parts for this thing were not cheap!) but the only time it ever didn't work, was when my battery dropped a cell (and you can't blame that on the truck). I can only hope I will be able to count on my next vehicle as much.

I agree with some of the others that have said it needs more braking power. I had to leave lots of room even without any load; I would hate to have to stop a heavy trailer with those brakes.

Great Truck
By tbone25

1998 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series Crew Cab K3500 Silverado 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB

Cheverolet Builds trucks that are extremely tough and ready to work. The ride in this and all Chevy's is at the top of the class. This truck is built for comfort whether you are driving it in town or on the highway. There is plenty of room in the front or back seats for kids or tall adults to sit comfortably. .

When you ride in this truck you don't realize you are in a truck, it is very smooth, something you wouldn't expect from a 4WD. Towing is a breeze, plenty of HP.

The two things that could be better is if Chevy put a little bit more aggressive tires on stock and the gas mileage. The 7.4 liter engine gets about 11 mpg in town or on the highway.

Best ever...truckin!
By Dan Nordy

1998 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series Crew Cab C3500 Silverado 4dr Crew Cab LB

This has been the best purchase of my life.. I used to have a ford, and those would not hold up to save my life. We own a stable, and we have to ship livestock, and get every job completed, that I would not rely on any other but my 3500. It has given me smooth running, no problems, and very fun to drive, though the others have said differently. If your thinking about another, dont. Plainly. Dont wait like I did and get something you really do not want. Get THIS truck, great for business, hauling, and has the power of a tractor.

Love the interior. We are no smoking, and i has lasted lifetimes. You trewat it good, it treats us like wonder. Its got everytthing man! With so many options and features, why pass it by?

Get a diesel.