I still love Chevy's but not this one.
By Louie on
1997 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series K3500 Silverado 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB
I bought my used with 98K miles. After getting new motor, radiator, fuel pump, starter, brakes, heater coil and motor, brake line, rebuilt front end, before it turned 123K over 10k dollars in work and parts. To top that off I was getting 8 to 10 mpg with the 454. I finally couldn't take it anymore and traded for a Dodge diesel. It broke my heart cause I'm a Chevy man at heart. I love my Dodge,but I still may get another Chevy some day. I just think I really got a lemon with this truck and my other Chevy 1999 wasn't this back. Also Chevy really drop the ball when they stopped making the Camaro. That comblined with this truck turned me to Dodge.
Favorite Features
I love the design of it and the crew cab is well design easy to live will, but the seats took getting used to at first, felt like I was sitting on a turtle's back. I loved the captains seat's arm and they weren't that bad once I got used to them.
Suggested Improvements
Sat too low for a truck. 454 had no power. I think my 99 4.8 Chevy pulled better. Bad mpg. Not reliable at all.