2000 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 2500 Series model:
Awesome Truck!
By Great Truck on 09/22/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series K2500 LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the best truck ever made. Very few repairs ever done to it and it has 98,000 and going strong still. Unfortunatley the gas is expensive but you dont buy trucks for gas mileage. Overall this truck is my baby and I'll never give it up.

Best truck going
By Chevrolet Man on 01/21/08 10:08 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series K2500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

I needed a 3/4 ton truck, 4 wheel drive, leather, and a crew cab. I wanted a gasoline engine. This truck was everything I wanted and then some. I added a body lift and larger wheels and tires, and the rest of it is still factory. My one complaint, is the fuel economy. If they can't improve the gas mileage, give us a bigger tank. Other than that, the only thing better than ny truck would be two of them.

Power of a 454 with the MPG of a V6!
By missing MT on 07/01/06 12:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series K2500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Very tough. very powerful. This is my first turbo diesel truck, and I am amazed at how strong it pulls. It climbs the steepest hills without losing speed and without shifting out of overdrive. I acheived 20 MPG on my last trip, which is amazing for a truck that's over 5500 lbs and makes 440 lb/ft of torque. All of the 6.5 TD shotcomings you read about were fixed by the time the 2000 rolled out, so I have had NO trouble whatsoever ... never heats up. The 4 speed HD auto is the toughest out there, and the truck drives like a dream. With $1000 in upgrades, this thing will run like a hot rod!

2000 Chevy 2500 w/ 454 V-8
By horseman on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series C2500 LS HD 2dr Extended Cab LB

It has all the power in the world! I absolutely love it .It is fun to drive!

Get yours Soon
By Mesquitebean on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series K2500 LS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB

Great Truck! Good Looking. Very Reliable. Last of the classic body style. Good pulling power w/good fuel mileage. Worth every penny!

Over all good truck.
By KrazyIvan on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series C2500 LS HD 2dr Extended Cab LB

Over all I have been very happy with my truck. It rides nice has a quiet cab and is fun to get on the freeway with. I have been in some very muddy places with it and I have never been stuck yet. I like the way the cab is set up and has a great sounding radio. When Ive used it to tow and could hardly feel like I was towing at all. The only thing I dont care for is the RV mirror it makes a big blind spot. I am rather tall so that could pe part of it.

Love My Truck!
By Gena Hendrix on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series C2500 2dr Regular Cab LB

Love this truck. The only flaw that we have found is that it was designed with no baffles in the fuel tank. This allows the fuel to "slosh" around at stops. This has made us wonder what was "wrong" with the truck (because of the noise & the feel with the movement within the tank). We found through several service center checks that this is not a mechanical problem. It has not caused any "problems" now that we know what it is. It does take some getting used to. If you keep the fuel level at about a half tank or above you are less likely to notice the movement within the tank.

Trade for 4dr
By fsprin on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series K2500 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

pulls 6500 lb trailer with no effert good ride empty lots of room in 8' bed with cap good lookingf in all white

Good, Great, can't complain
By jeri on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series C2500 LS 4dr Crew Cab SB

I love my truck, it's roomy,inside and out. Good looking auto.

2000 GMC 4dr crew SLT
By Bowhunter on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series C2500 LS 4dr Crew Cab SB

Sound truck, no problems with cheap materials, quality in all features. Smooth Quiet ride.