Serves me very well
By J Sherman on
1998 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series C2500 HD Silverado 2dr Regular Cab LB
I've had the truck for 10 years and use it as a truck. We pull a travel trailer and have made many long trips. The Chevy is holding up very, very well at 130,000 miles. I expect it to last to 200,000 miles. The only problem I had was head gasket failure due to poor coolant. The coolant was rated for 100k miles but lasted only 60k. The stock sound system is incredible. Fuel mileage is 15 - 16 on the highway; 10 mpg pulling a trailer. The truck has done everything I've asked and we are planning a 12 month trip with it and the travel trailer beginning this summer. Chevy did a good job when they built this vehicle. I made a good purchase.
Favorite Features
Excellent cab design. Good placement of the cup holder. it is in the dash, not on the floor as a part of the bench seat as in the newer models. That is a poor design. The factory stock radio with CD and tape has incredible sound.
Suggested Improvements
The sales material said the coolant was good for 100k miles. They were wrong. The truck needs tie downs in the bed. There is nothing to use so tying down low loads can be difficult. Also, put a drain plug on the rear end so changing the oil is easier and cleaner.