Used 1997 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chevrolet Ck-2500-series - Consumer Reviews

1997 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific C/K 2500 Series model:

leaky intake gasket chevy truck
By craig

1997 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series Regular Cab K2500 HD Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Truck is a TRUCK, a workhorse will do what you want it to do. I do not like the thermal 4wd actuator it stinks when it goes out. also the intake manifold gasket leak problem these chevy's have. BUT OVERALL it is a good truck and love to drive it Flush the DEX COOL and use GREEN ANTIFREEZE it works best

Favorite Features

TOUGH, ride quality is great,

Suggested Improvements

use a motor 4wd actuator, use better intake gaskets and do not use DEX COOL antifreeze

USEFUL
By Nick Arceneaux

1997 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series Regular Cab C2500 HD Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is the most reliable truck I ever have driven, it withstands extreme abuse on a daily basis and I have only had to change a clutch and a fuel pump. It is easy to work on, I have done all repairs except the clutch changing, and it is a good truck to teach people how to drive a standard.

Favorite Features

POWERFUL! I love the power and ease to work on!

Suggested Improvements

Better seats...I have the legendary driver's side Chevy hole in the seat

pretty but fragile
By A Golden

1997 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series Regular Cab K2500 HD Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

My truck has been very lightly used. First, a list of problems: alternator, fuel pump, intake manifold gaskets (twice), engine control module( left me sitting on the side of the road while on vaction), serpentine belt tensioner (fell off and left me sitting the side of the road on another vacation), rusty brake lines, transfer case output shaft retaining clip, ( this broke and left me on the side of the road after loading 1/2 yard of mulch on it), Water pump. I'm sure I've forgotten some others.Oh yah, wiper control module. The steering is too sensitive, It is tiring to drive on a trip with constant corrections. Never offroad. Put a load of wood on it and the rear sags excessively.

Favorite Features

Comfortable. Huge aftermarket support.

Suggested Improvements

I live in a large city and all of the dealers are inept and arrogant!!! And they wonder why GM market share is falling like a rock! GM, stop building vehicles that are just good enough!

built like a rock
By chevyman678

best truck built. tought, dependable and long lasting. can handle anything you throw at it. a monster!

Suggested Improvements

i hate electrice 4x4

7 Years of Great Service
By Mr. Safety

During the 7 years I've owned the truck, I never had a major equipment failure. The only cons were the tires (Continental General Ameri 500) wore out and cracked @ 24,000 miles. The front brake pads were toast at 27,000 miles, which inturn ate my front rotors. The rear shoes show little sign of wear at 45,000 miles. The body looks as good as the day I bought it, thanks to Zimoyl wax, but New England winters are hard on Detroit iron and I am trading it before cancer sets in (which is always terminal from the copious amounts of salt used on our highways). And yes, I am buying the same truck in a 2004 model.

Favorite Features

Power: The truck has a manual 5-spd and in low range you can't stall it no matter what you do. I've pulled huge rolling loads up steep dirt hills effortlessly.

Suggested Improvements

The locking differential is great, but it needs traction bars to stop spring windup and wheel hop.