Used 1997 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

1997 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific C/K 2500 Series model:

leaky intake gasket chevy truck
By craig

1997 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series Regular Cab K2500 HD Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Truck is a TRUCK, a workhorse will do what you want it to do. I do not like the thermal 4wd actuator it stinks when it goes out. also the intake manifold gasket leak problem these chevy's have. BUT OVERALL it is a good truck and love to drive it Flush the DEX COOL and use GREEN ANTIFREEZE it works best

TOUGH, ride quality is great,

use a motor 4wd actuator, use better intake gaskets and do not use DEX COOL antifreeze

pretty but fragile
By A Golden

1997 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series Regular Cab K2500 HD Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

My truck has been very lightly used. First, a list of problems: alternator, fuel pump, intake manifold gaskets (twice), engine control module( left me sitting on the side of the road while on vaction), serpentine belt tensioner (fell off and left me sitting the side of the road on another vacation), rusty brake lines, transfer case output shaft retaining clip, ( this broke and left me on the side of the road after loading 1/2 yard of mulch on it), Water pump. I'm sure I've forgotten some others.Oh yah, wiper control module. The steering is too sensitive, It is tiring to drive on a trip with constant corrections. Never offroad. Put a load of wood on it and the rear sags excessively.

Comfortable. Huge aftermarket support.

I live in a large city and all of the dealers are inept and arrogant!!! And they wonder why GM market share is falling like a rock! GM, stop building vehicles that are just good enough!

USEFUL
By Nick Arceneaux

1997 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series Regular Cab C2500 HD Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is the most reliable truck I ever have driven, it withstands extreme abuse on a daily basis and I have only had to change a clutch and a fuel pump. It is easy to work on, I have done all repairs except the clutch changing, and it is a good truck to teach people how to drive a standard.

POWERFUL! I love the power and ease to work on!

Better seats...I have the legendary driver's side Chevy hole in the seat

7 Years of Great Service
By Mr. Safety

During the 7 years I've owned the
truck, I never had a major equipment
failure. The only cons were the tires
(Continental General Ameri 500) wore
out and cracked @ 24,000 miles. The
front brake pads were toast at 27,000
miles, which inturn ate my front
rotors. The rear shoes show little
sign of wear at 45,000 miles. The
body looks as good as the day I bought
it, thanks to Zimoyl wax, but New
England winters are hard on Detroit
iron and I am trading it before cancer
sets in (which is always terminal from
the copious amounts of salt used on
our highways). And yes, I am buying
the same truck in a 2004 model.

Power: The truck has a manual 5-spd and in low range you can't stall it no matter what you do. I've pulled huge rolling loads up steep dirt hills effortlessly.

The locking differential is great, but it needs traction bars to stop spring windup and wheel hop.

built like a rock
By chevyman678

best truck built. tought, dependable
and long lasting. can handle anything
you throw at it. a monster!

i hate electrice 4x4