Used 1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

I hate this truck!
By Not a Chevy

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My husband and I bought this truck in Febuary of this year and have had nothing but problems. We have replaced the front end ( axle assembley), fuel pump (2),engine, and now the tranny is slipping. It has been nothing but trouble. I WOULD NOT recommed this truck to any one and this will be the last chevrolet product that we ever own.

The truck has plenty of power and it rides great.

Improve the reliablilty

I love my truck
By ztlamont

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

The engine is tough! I have put on 20,000 miles on this truck in one year and the power is amazing. It has a smooth ride and plenty of room on the inside for the big men in the world. I would recomend this truck to anyone, by far my favorite.

The engine

Better welds for the exhaust system

Everything but the rear seat!
By Sharp Z-Ride

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my truck and the only reason I might think of geting rid of it is to get a new one. I haven't had any problems out of this truck. One of the best vehicles I've owned. I've done the routine maintenance and it's done what I've asked. It even gets great gas mileage compared to my family's other vehicles (mainly cars). Awesome traditional truck. Can't really complain about much.

Gas Mileage, Hot looking truck. Has a presence you can feel. Power..all power.

The only things I can complain about are, the rear seat of my truck rattles when I take a bump too fast, and my gas gauge broke. Other than those items it's an extremely well built Truck.

My dream truck
By J. Tallen

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased the vehicle 3 years ago and will never regret it despite some problems. I replaced all brake pads and shoes as the ones installed on the truck when purchased were defective bonded type. The front disc brake assemblies pull the wheels unevenly requiring force on the steering wheel to keep the vehicle straight. The engine block to head joints were repaired to correct coolant leaks. The radiator now has a small leak at an oil cooler joint. One of the exhaust manifolds leaks slightly where it bolts to cylinder head. Despite the problems, the vehicle is a pleasure to drive; very comfortable and powerful. I've driven it on three vacation trips of several hundred miles without incident.

AM/FM/Cassette/CD and sound system, very good. Power windows. Power side mirrors. Rear view mirror compass. Tilt wheel. Powerful engine. Driving position, excellent visability. Cruise control works flawlessly. Daytime headlights.

Extended cab door on drivers side, taken care of in later model. The single disc CD player should be replaced with a 6-CD storage.

Off road 4X4
By Jake

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have had outstanding service with this truck. Only problem was ABS went out, expensive item! Very happy with unit, getting 19-20 miles per gallon at average speed of 60mph. Great to tow behind motorhome. Using recommended procedure from handbook. No mileage recorded,a s advertised!

Towing, being towed, gas mileage, comfort!

None