1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
ONE BAD TRUCK!
By GUNNER on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I BOUGHT THE TRUCK NEW HAVE ENJOYED IT FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS AND HAVE EVERY INTENTION OF SEEING IT INTO MY ELDER YEARS. (I AM 60 YEARS YOUNG) THIS TRUCK HAS A PERSONALITY OF ITS OWN AND SEEMS DETERMINED TO HOLD ITS HOOD ORNIMENT UP HIGH FOR AS LONG AS I CHANGE ITS OIL AND ROTATE ITS TIRES. IT HAS NEVER FAILED TO DO WHATEVER IT WAS ASKED TO DO. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GM!

The Lemon
By GMOWNER on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

This '99 truck has been the poorest quality truck I've ever owned. Nice looking but has had numerous problems. Harmonic Vibrations in suspension, road noise, minor engine problems, and poor assembly issues that were fixed under warranty. Now the ABS brakes quit at 40,000 miles and the dealership acknowledges they have been a problem, but no help or recall from GM. Most frustrating vehicle I've ever owned.

Good enough for me
By Steven Torans on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have bought only Chevys since of age to be a consumer. I have had an S10, a previous edition of this truck, a tahoe, and a suburban(still have). By far, this truck meets the quality expectations which have come to be the norm. Not being able to afford the truck I desired at time of this purchase (2001 Chevy 2500HD 4X4), I settled for this truck, and it's good enough for me.

Brian's '99 Silverado
By Brian K. on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Dealership falls far short on servicing - warranty and service bulletins. Dealership refused to take care of service bulletins. Very poor warranty work.

GM Kid says you can keep this one
By GM raised on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

We own a silverado 1/2 ton w/ extended cab, tow, biggest v8 avail, basically everything but leather. Well over 30,000 in expenses. So far not to include recalls we have had a few issues with the hvac controls not working, the shifter boot on the column ripped, and this garaged vehicle with only 20,000 miles on it has rust on the bumper. To add to the excitement the brakes fade terribly and the rattles and air noise irritate at highway speeds. Not acceptable for over $30,000

chevy
By fredogg on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Very good handling and engine performance Excellent fuel economy cheap interior materals extra tire wears out where positioned great acceleration