1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
ABS
By Brad C on 07/23/08 12:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I noticed several comments about the ABS on the 1999 models. It's a shame that GM didn't step up to the plate and address this issue. I've experienced light issues with the stereo backlights, major pain to fix. Also had issues with wind noise from front windshield molding. Also experienced wind noise through pop open window on 3rd door, another demon to fix since entire window has to be replaced (tell me GM didn't see this one coming) However, despite a few issues the truck is great, almost 200k miles and still doesn't use a drop of oil between changes.

BEWARE LH CAB CORNER ROT 1999 EXT CAB !!
By dave on 03/22/07 17:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had 79, 89,and now1999 chevy trucks. This is my first 4x4 and ext cab model.This 1999 broke my heart. I bought the truck used with 87000 miles. As all my trucks it runs great with plenty of power. At about 100,000 miles the big surprise! While washing the left side cab corner and rocker, paint bubbled up everywhere and now at 117000 miles I've got a hole about 1.5 x6 inches long and growing! Local dealer had same year truck and yes it was just starting, to confirm I was not the only one! This problem is only on 3 door, new style 1999 LH(drivers side) cab corners! 2000 went to 4drs, no problems!! Buy 98 on down or 2000 on up! Rust stinks!

Awsome!
By z-totrod 4x4 on 12/31/06 02:08 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've only had this truck for three weeks but I can honestly say I love it. Awesome power, awesome ride, very tight. I drove the Fords, Dodges as well as others but found this Chevy to be superior to all. It's got 108,000 miles on it and drives like brand new. The rear seat also accomidates the 3 booster seats for my three kids very well!

C/K1500
By wpowell on 03/06/06 12:24 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I bought it new in 1998. very nice truck. It's had a vibration since day one, and still has it from wheels or driveshaft?. I had driveshaft balanced, and wheels also. It has been very reliable, and the engine runs strong. Great brakes!

I hate this truck!
By Not a Chevy on 11/29/05 11:41 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My husband and I bought this truck in Febuary of this year and have had nothing but problems. We have replaced the front end ( axle assembley), fuel pump (2),engine, and now the tranny is slipping. It has been nothing but trouble. I WOULD NOT recommed this truck to any one and this will be the last chevrolet product that we ever own.

I love my truck
By ztlamont on 07/23/05 07:54 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

The engine is tough! I have put on 20,000 miles on this truck in one year and the power is amazing. It has a smooth ride and plenty of room on the inside for the big men in the world. I would recomend this truck to anyone, by far my favorite.

Everything but the rear seat!
By Sharp Z-Ride on 05/02/05 17:52 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my truck and the only reason I might think of geting rid of it is to get a new one. I haven't had any problems out of this truck. One of the best vehicles I've owned. I've done the routine maintenance and it's done what I've asked. It even gets great gas mileage compared to my family's other vehicles (mainly cars). Awesome traditional truck. Can't really complain about much.

My dream truck
By J. Tallen on 04/20/05 17:41 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased the vehicle 3 years ago and will never regret it despite some problems. I replaced all brake pads and shoes as the ones installed on the truck when purchased were defective bonded type. The front disc brake assemblies pull the wheels unevenly requiring force on the steering wheel to keep the vehicle straight. The engine block to head joints were repaired to correct coolant leaks. The radiator now has a small leak at an oil cooler joint. One of the exhaust manifolds leaks slightly where it bolts to cylinder head. Despite the problems, the vehicle is a pleasure to drive; very comfortable and powerful. I've driven it on three vacation trips of several hundred miles without incident.

Off road 4X4
By Jake on 04/19/05 12:56 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have had outstanding service with this truck. Only problem was ABS went out, expensive item! Very happy with unit, getting 19-20 miles per gallon at average speed of 60mph. Great to tow behind motorhome. Using recommended procedure from handbook. No mileage recorded,a s advertised!

Good Vehicle
By Tim N on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the 2nd truck I've owned (the first was a 1976 ford) and it has been an good vehicle. I bought it new when this style just started coming off the assembly line in late 1998. With over 150,000 miles so far, it has cost very little other than routine maintenance. The one problem has been with the gear shift cable. I have had to replace it 3 times and every mechanic has told me this is common on this model year. The truck drives nice, tows very well, and looks good. With a toneau cover over the bed, gas mileage has been good for a truck(18 - 19 mpg on hwy) The interior plastic is kind of cheap, but the seats are comfortable. I would buy another.