1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
ABS
By Brad C on 07/23/08 12:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I noticed several comments about the ABS on the 1999 models. It's a shame that GM didn't step up to the plate and address this issue. I've experienced light issues with the stereo backlights, major pain to fix. Also had issues with wind noise from front windshield molding. Also experienced wind noise through pop open window on 3rd door, another demon to fix since entire window has to be replaced (tell me GM didn't see this one coming) However, despite a few issues the truck is great, almost 200k miles and still doesn't use a drop of oil between changes.

C/K1500
By wpowell on 03/06/06 12:24 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I bought it new in 1998. very nice truck. It's had a vibration since day one, and still has it from wheels or driveshaft?. I had driveshaft balanced, and wheels also. It has been very reliable, and the engine runs strong. Great brakes!

I love my truck
By ztlamont on 07/23/05 07:54 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

The engine is tough! I have put on 20,000 miles on this truck in one year and the power is amazing. It has a smooth ride and plenty of room on the inside for the big men in the world. I would recomend this truck to anyone, by far my favorite.

My dream truck
By J. Tallen on 04/20/05 17:41 PM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased the vehicle 3 years ago and will never regret it despite some problems. I replaced all brake pads and shoes as the ones installed on the truck when purchased were defective bonded type. The front disc brake assemblies pull the wheels unevenly requiring force on the steering wheel to keep the vehicle straight. The engine block to head joints were repaired to correct coolant leaks. The radiator now has a small leak at an oil cooler joint. One of the exhaust manifolds leaks slightly where it bolts to cylinder head. Despite the problems, the vehicle is a pleasure to drive; very comfortable and powerful. I've driven it on three vacation trips of several hundred miles without incident.

The Lemon
By GMOWNER on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

This '99 truck has been the poorest quality truck I've ever owned. Nice looking but has had numerous problems. Harmonic Vibrations in suspension, road noise, minor engine problems, and poor assembly issues that were fixed under warranty. Now the ABS brakes quit at 40,000 miles and the dealership acknowledges they have been a problem, but no help or recall from GM. Most frustrating vehicle I've ever owned.

chevy
By fredogg on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 LS 3dr Extended Cab SB

Very good handling and engine performance Excellent fuel economy cheap interior materals extra tire wears out where positioned great acceleration