Good Truck
By brian on
1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB
The truck now has over 300,000 miles does not smoke. Drives not much different than new. Very few repairs. I've owned about every kind of truck you can think of. This is absolutly the all around best. I drive 40,000 miles per year. I expect to get over 1/2 milion miles on this one. Good fuel economy. Sharp and dependable. My only complaint is catalytic converter makes a lot of noise. Headlights do not project very well. However, 1 water pump, 1 alternator, 2 batteries, 8 sets of tires, 100 oil changes 3 transmission fluid changes 3 rear end oil changes and many tanks of gas is all that has been put into this truck.
Favorite Features
Dendability really makes this truck. Its bodystyle which is almost two decades old is still sharp. Truck is very comfortable. I also have an '04 Tahoe but I prefer my old p/u.
Suggested Improvements
I did not like the fact that the cup holder is right in front of the heat vent but that has already been corrected. I liked the older style throttle body fuel injection over the "vortec" because of fuel econo. that was last used in '95. but i just don't see them going back to that.