Used 1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

Very Good Truck
By rohio

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this with 95K on the odometer. I have put 14K on it in 6 months, without a single penny of repair! It also impressed me this year with some of the heavier than expected snow. It never lost traction, or got me stuck. Seems to be a very reliable truck overall.

Favorite Features

No frills interior. Some items that would be extra in other trucks; i.e. full gauge package, reading lamps, etc. make it a nice vehicle to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Glove box space seems small, and the tilt wheel could lower one more notch, so as not to block the speedometer

I am glad I bought it
By k.rutland

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new and the price scared me to death. However, I have had no major problem at all. Still looks great! Drives great! The paint shines up fantastic. Now that it is paid for I love it even more. 4wd is awesome & easy, power is fantastic and third door nice. Quiet also. I would definitely buy this truck again! Vortec engine is dependable and the ride of this truck is very nice.

Favorite Features

Favorite features are the dependable engine, 4wd, bucket seats, center & top console and exterior looks in that order.

Suggested Improvements

Extended cab back seat could be more comfortable and heavier duty brakes would have been nice.

Don't Ever Want to Let It Go!
By CB

This truck is my baby and it's like that old faithful dog. I would sink more money into this truck to keep it and keep it running than I probably should. Everything has been great with this truck until 2004. The ABS speed sensor has gone bad in the RF wheel and gives a very bad vibration when braking under 5mph. It is now sitting in the driveway awaiting a new clutch and fuel pump. I put bigger tires on it and never have any problems in 4WD. I pull trailers and haul everything imaginable. It's pulls and hauls like a princess, without effort. The mileage, 18-20 on the highway and a very smooth ride are great. Withstood a 50mph collision with a 12pt buck and nary more than a scratch.

Favorite Features

Vinyl flooring easy to clean. Aftermarket spray-on bedliner is the only way to go. V6 has plenty of power and helps mpg. Easy to shift in and out of 4WD. Great 'classic truck' styling. 60/40 split bench is great and provides a ton of room in the cab. Great space in the back seat for extended cab

Suggested Improvements

Stock tires wear quickly and lack the appearance of 'proper truck attitude.' Had to replace the tailgate latch mechanism twice.

most expensive truck ever
By marshallaw

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I had to take out a second mortage for all the repairs on this truck!! 115500 miles and already a new transmission, water pump, fuel pump, ball joints, abs sensors,What a piece of junk!! Should have got a Ford!

big red toy
By eagle362

I've come to love my truck very much. Having no problems w/ anything mechanical or electical. Fetures on the truck suite my needs just fine. It preforms very well on and off road, in all types of situations including, deep mud and hevy snow.

Favorite Features

Locking Diff, Push button 4x4, Power of the 5.7L 350 Vortec, Tow package

Suggested Improvements

cold air intake, synthetic oil, after market exshualst, Bigger tires, Aftermarket hood.