1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Cheyenne Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
Very nice truck!
By pkjjma on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck a year ago with 45,000 miles on it and it has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. It has the original equiment tires on it and they still have 50% of the tread on them (Firestone Steeltex AT). I get 17 miles to gallon on the road and 14- 15 mpg around town. No squeaks, rattles or other annoying issues. I did put a new set of shocks on it when i got it but that is it. It is a pleasure to drive and own.

no title
By Pgmr9 on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

only pronlems i had were power steering pump went after 4 yrs and master cylinder went this yr

1998 - EXT - SB - C1500
By MTT on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab SB

Solid - That simple Over 5 years only lost the water pump. No other maintenance.

GREAT SO FAR BUT, GETTIG SCARED
By Major P on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I purchased this truck with 90,000 miles on it. I now have 138,000 and have started having minor problems. I,ve replaced the water inlet connector on the motor(according to my mechanic this should be a recall item because all chevy's are having this problem),the water pump,intake gasket,& the altenator.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!
By palldredge on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I bought this truck from a neighbor when it had 45,000 miles on it and it has been great! it has a towing package on it and i get 13-15 mpg in town and 18 on the road. i really like the vortec 5.7 engine lots of power. it is a roomy quiet truck that is a joy to drive in traffic or on the road.

Truck
By stanley simpson on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Great truck. Great value.

350 5sp
By USMCNASCAR on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Bought the truck, and Ill never get rid of it, as the tags show its a 5.7 ltr with a 5 speed manual. The only transmision for a truck. To much power is never enough, Havent found any thing I couldnt tow with-in reason. Great looks and design, is as solid as the day I bought her. No mods to performance yet, but with 170,000 miles on her why should I. I also Did a dealer inspection at 150,000 miles and the engine and transmission are quote "not even broke in" unquote.

too many trouble with Compuetr on board
By viet2000 on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab LB

Bought this truck used Im very like it much with evrything but except computer control on board ,34000 mile give me hard time on the road because computer and lucky I bought Extend warranty onthe truck so 1500 for repair ,so when it hit 39000 mile again it happen about computer this time $1800 . That it Im not going to buy it again , im looking for Jappan truck ,it more relies and good and last long time im going to buy Toyota truck from now ,So tired If that happen about computer on board even if you buy it with warranty because it sit on the road at middle somewher so you can feel it the truck good or not!!!!

Good Truck
By Jon_Osman on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

At 116k, she's still running strong. Interior is easy to clean, dash board is really cheap and squeaks from time to time, 3rd door is noisy, rear windows are noisy, very reliable overall. Planning to keep this truck well past 400k on the original engine. 1/4 of the way there.

1998 Chevy K1500 Z-71
By terry2u on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Other than a noisy fuel pump, the truck has been extremely reliable. Several dealers have said replacing the fuel pump would not quiet it down as it is inside factory specs. With a 5.7 V-8, the mileage at first was 13 city, 18 highway,I installed a K&N air filter & put a Tornado in the intake and I started getting 16-20 MPG. Incredible increase in H.P. & torque.