Used 1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

Love this style
By Chevy Case

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I got this truck in on a trade for my old Suburban. I have always loved the style of these trucks and the way the look with a lift kit and the way they sound with an exhaust. I put around 3900 miles on this truck every week i also haul wood and scrap steel the abuse this truck can handle is amazing. I keep the exterior of this truck looking clean and neat. with the right care I expect to run this truck untill it dies. NEVER been stuck in the snow and i have 235-85-16 on the truck with aggressive tread. this Truck is the second one of this style that i have owned the first was a 1993 and i would not change either for the world

Favorite Features

5.7 Liter vortec motor 4x4 plenty of room on the inside, plenty of power under the hood and the styling is great

Suggested Improvements

cup holders and whats with the door on top of my arm rest it hurts my arm :(

Outstanding Truck.
By Tom Feeney

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is over worked and tough. I have hauled a 6 ton float trailer with a 6000 lbs pull truck on it and it still works great. Lots of power and with the load still drives excellent. Would recommend this truck to any one. Great on fuel and very nice to drive.

Favorite Features

The solid look and that it sits very proud. Performs as well.

Suggested Improvements

Aluminum wheels. Finish no good.

Chevy Strong
By Kaven Johnson

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Purchased the pickup a few months back. Has the 5.7 Vortec V8 350 (Monster of torque) Has 102,000 miles and could be sold as brand new. Would trust this vehicle to drive across country and back. Fuel could last a little longer but getting about 16mpg in town which is not bad for a heavy pickup. Everything has held up from paint/clear coat to 0 rust and mechanics. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone needing a powerful yet smooth ride.

Favorite Features

Motor. Suspension holds smooth and absorbs most of bad roads. Able to pull anything I hook to including broken down Fords.

Suggested Improvements

GM fuel pumps. Mine works fine but they have a bad rep. A little noisy. Other than that could wish for 30mpg?

disappointed with Chev
By alicat2

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I had a 1988 chev and was real happy with it. Bought a used 98 last yr with a 5 litre, auto, 2 wheel dr,and it has cost me plenty. The trani went for a $3,000 touch, rear pinon bearing, manifold gasket, drive shaft seal, thermostat, heater coupler, rad, fuel pump humms like a 747 ready to take off, it's been replaced once already, truck wonders on the road, no pulling power, interior lights work sometimes, frnt seats rattle and move while locked in place, rear seat does the same, squeeky 3rd dr, crappy tire jack design, try changing a tire at 30 below! I'm already looking for a different truck. Really disappointed in Chev.

Favorite Features

NIce to look at but real high maintanence.

Suggested Improvements

Build something with quality to be proude of. Shame on Chev.

A great truck
By Jim

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck from my son two and a half years ago. He bought it new in 1997. He never drove it in the winter and it had only 46,000 miles when I got it. This is the sharpest looking truck I have ever owned. It performs great and is very reliable. The 5.0 v-8 has plenty of power to tow my 4200 lb trailer( it has a factory tow package). The gearing is great for highway mileage. I've gotten 24mpg on the highway, although the norm would be more like 16 in town and 21 highway. Like others the only thing I would change about this truck is the placement of the dash cup holder, what were they thinking? I hope to return this truck to my son's son in another 12 years.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Move cup holder to a place that it does't interfer with ac/heat dash outlet