Used 1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

Luv this truck
By JimInDenton

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab LB

Had a few nuisance reliability problems early on (water pump, alternator, radio), but once I had these components replaced with quality replacements I have had few problems. No major repair bills other than the fuel pump (which was probably due to my neglect in changing the fuel filter according the repair shop. Currently the truck has over 200,000 miles and shows no sign of letting up.

Favorite Features

I believe the 98 has the external styling that will last the test of time. Interior is not too shabby either.

Suggested Improvements

Rear Drum brakes are a little mushy.

The reason I'm sticking to Chevy
By Tony Lowe

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

This truck is amazing, The only major maintenance that has been done in the 190000 miles it has on it are a replaced transmission due to hot rodding the truck with a superchips tuner and two power steering pumps. The guy who owned it before took pretty good care of it except when he got the superchips tuner and decided to hot rod. I bought it with about 20,000 on the new trany and it;s been a great vehicle for me. I did hot rod it a little bit with the tuner when I first got it. The truck performs as good at 120 as it does at 80. Never had an engine problems and plan on driving it until it dies the n replacing the engine and driving it more.

Favorite Features

5.7l V8, Tow package, Third Door, Interior Lighting, Sound System, Armrests on chairs.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely the cup holder in front of the heater vent other than that the features for the year are amazing.

210000 and still going STRONG
By JLB

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have had this truck for almost 10 years and afraid soon I will have to get another. I am hoping to go to 250,000 before that happens. Purchased it with 65,000 and never had any transmission problems with every other year trans flushes. I work out of this truck and it is put to the Test daily. The Fuel Pump has went out around 100,000 miles this is common. cost $600.00 replaced water pump about same time but that is it nothing else. 10 years and only $800 in repairs. If Chevy made truck like this still they would not be in trouble today.

Favorite Features

I have always liked the Look. The Third door and Front seats feel nice

Suggested Improvements

Cup Holder in front of a heat vent great for coffee but not good for anything with Ice. Fuel Pump repairs was costly

Love this style
By Chevy Case

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I got this truck in on a trade for my old Suburban. I have always loved the style of these trucks and the way the look with a lift kit and the way they sound with an exhaust. I put around 3900 miles on this truck every week i also haul wood and scrap steel the abuse this truck can handle is amazing. I keep the exterior of this truck looking clean and neat. with the right care I expect to run this truck untill it dies. NEVER been stuck in the snow and i have 235-85-16 on the truck with aggressive tread. this Truck is the second one of this style that i have owned the first was a 1993 and i would not change either for the world

Favorite Features

5.7 Liter vortec motor 4x4 plenty of room on the inside, plenty of power under the hood and the styling is great

Suggested Improvements

cup holders and whats with the door on top of my arm rest it hurts my arm :(

Outstanding Truck.
By Tom Feeney

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is over worked and tough. I have hauled a 6 ton float trailer with a 6000 lbs pull truck on it and it still works great. Lots of power and with the load still drives excellent. Would recommend this truck to any one. Great on fuel and very nice to drive.

Favorite Features

The solid look and that it sits very proud. Performs as well.

Suggested Improvements

Aluminum wheels. Finish no good.