1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
Love this style
By Chevy Case on 03/20/09 13:58 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I got this truck in on a trade for my old Suburban. I have always loved the style of these trucks and the way the look with a lift kit and the way they sound with an exhaust. I put around 3900 miles on this truck every week i also haul wood and scrap steel the abuse this truck can handle is amazing. I keep the exterior of this truck looking clean and neat. with the right care I expect to run this truck untill it dies. NEVER been stuck in the snow and i have 235-85-16 on the truck with aggressive tread. this Truck is the second one of this style that i have owned the first was a 1993 and i would not change either for the world

Outstanding Truck.
By Tom Feeney on 10/31/08 06:45 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is over worked and tough. I have hauled a 6 ton float trailer with a 6000 lbs pull truck on it and it still works great. Lots of power and with the load still drives excellent. Would recommend this truck to any one. Great on fuel and very nice to drive.

Chevy Strong
By Kaven Johnson on 04/15/08 21:14 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Purchased the pickup a few months back. Has the 5.7 Vortec V8 350 (Monster of torque) Has 102,000 miles and could be sold as brand new. Would trust this vehicle to drive across country and back. Fuel could last a little longer but getting about 16mpg in town which is not bad for a heavy pickup. Everything has held up from paint/clear coat to 0 rust and mechanics. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone needing a powerful yet smooth ride.

disappointed with Chev
By alicat2 on 12/20/07 19:00 PM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I had a 1988 chev and was real happy with it. Bought a used 98 last yr with a 5 litre, auto, 2 wheel dr,and it has cost me plenty. The trani went for a $3,000 touch, rear pinon bearing, manifold gasket, drive shaft seal, thermostat, heater coupler, rad, fuel pump humms like a 747 ready to take off, it's been replaced once already, truck wonders on the road, no pulling power, interior lights work sometimes, frnt seats rattle and move while locked in place, rear seat does the same, squeeky 3rd dr, crappy tire jack design, try changing a tire at 30 below! I'm already looking for a different truck. Really disappointed in Chev.

A great truck
By Jim on 10/27/07 09:24 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck from my son two and a half years ago. He bought it new in 1997. He never drove it in the winter and it had only 46,000 miles when I got it. This is the sharpest looking truck I have ever owned. It performs great and is very reliable. The 5.0 v-8 has plenty of power to tow my 4200 lb trailer( it has a factory tow package). The gearing is great for highway mileage. I've gotten 24mpg on the highway, although the norm would be more like 16 in town and 21 highway. Like others the only thing I would change about this truck is the placement of the dash cup holder, what were they thinking? I hope to return this truck to my son's son in another 12 years.

Nice truck
By Driesterer on 08/11/07 08:10 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Plenty of power. This truck has 4:10 rear end gear ratio so it pulls trailers easily. And it rides nice too. This is the first truck I have owned that my wife doesn't mind driving.

GM got it right on this one
By JBKnight on 05/19/07 08:26 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought with 38k miles on it, now have 190k with origional engine and major parts. Had to replace normal stuff like alternator, water pump, starter and things that wore out. Known problems with these are a short list. Intake manifold leak, usually around 120k miles or so. Once fixed it is great. Fuel pumps, weak, on my 3rd one. The Vortec higher fuel pressure puts a stress on the GM pumps and when they go, can be real pricey. Radiator cracked at plastic side tank. 5.7 Vortec engine is the greatest, real good power, and with the bed loaded I still get 17mpg highway which I don't consider bad for a truck of this size. Holding value better then any car or truck I have owned.

Best 9yr old I know
By Eric on 05/01/07 15:32 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My father bought this truck brand new in '98. I got it in 2000 and I've been driving it since. Great truck, no major problems. The salt air along the coast has taken a toll on the bumpers but other than that cosmetically it's clean. Recently had a dealership mechanic look at it, he couldn't believe it had 170,000 mi on it and told me the engine sounds better than the new trucks they sell.

Good Truck
By brian on 07/04/06 14:36 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

The truck now has over 300,000 miles does not smoke. Drives not much different than new. Very few repairs. I've owned about every kind of truck you can think of. This is absolutly the all around best. I drive 40,000 miles per year. I expect to get over 1/2 milion miles on this one. Good fuel economy. Sharp and dependable. My only complaint is catalytic converter makes a lot of noise. Headlights do not project very well. However, 1 water pump, 1 alternator, 2 batteries, 8 sets of tires, 100 oil changes 3 transmission fluid changes 3 rear end oil changes and many tanks of gas is all that has been put into this truck.

Reliable. powerful, but heavy.
By matt on 05/03/06 01:33 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got my 98 z71 with only 34k miles on it a few years ago. It's very well built. Easier to work on than other vehicles. Throw a lift and some tires on it and you're ready