1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
1998 2wd long bed 4.3 v6 auto
By crack007 on 06/28/11 23:06 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

Purchased this truck to keep miles off my 07 hd and for better mpg. It gets 23 to 25 on the highway at 70. average 16.5 to 18.5 close to home w many trips on the farm has a 95 gallon fuel tank w tool book in the back, loaded with 700 to 1300 lbs of tools and fuel in bed at all times. Has 125000 miles had to have the lock up sensor and the valve body bored out to fix a hard shift problem cost $250 to have fixed. Overall its a pretty good truck decent mpg and the v6 pulls it down the road well w out much shifting back and forth. For a decent work truck i can't complain about this truck, it does what it was purchased for well.

GM's Cost Cutting Revealed
By Fred on 04/14/10 19:23 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

Cheap seats, cheap soft foam compound, you sink in seat. Flasher button is temperamental. Stop clunk noise. Cheap thin chrome front bumper isn't good for anything except show. A/c system would not stay charged. Cheap plastic outer distributor components, when replacing distributor the treads stripped out. Wind noise around door. No drain plug on differential, means you have to take diff cover off to change gear oil.

A great truck
By Jim on 10/27/07 09:24 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck from my son two and a half years ago. He bought it new in 1997. He never drove it in the winter and it had only 46,000 miles when I got it. This is the sharpest looking truck I have ever owned. It performs great and is very reliable. The 5.0 v-8 has plenty of power to tow my 4200 lb trailer( it has a factory tow package). The gearing is great for highway mileage. I've gotten 24mpg on the highway, although the norm would be more like 16 in town and 21 highway. Like others the only thing I would change about this truck is the placement of the dash cup holder, what were they thinking? I hope to return this truck to my son's son in another 12 years.

Good Truck
By brian on 07/04/06 14:36 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

The truck now has over 300,000 miles does not smoke. Drives not much different than new. Very few repairs. I've owned about every kind of truck you can think of. This is absolutly the all around best. I drive 40,000 miles per year. I expect to get over 1/2 milion miles on this one. Good fuel economy. Sharp and dependable. My only complaint is catalytic converter makes a lot of noise. Headlights do not project very well. However, 1 water pump, 1 alternator, 2 batteries, 8 sets of tires, 100 oil changes 3 transmission fluid changes 3 rear end oil changes and many tanks of gas is all that has been put into this truck.

One Solid Truck
By Chris Stevens on 07/15/05 12:04 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I've had my 1998 K1500 Silverado for almost four years now, and the only repair it needed was a new set of U- joints. Well built, the last of the old style before the 99's, so everything was pretty much perfected. Good acceleration and pulling power with the 5.7 liter, and gas milage better than Ford or Dodge.

charles truck
By 8 ball on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

i like it it is fun to drive and very dependable

GOOD TRUCKS
By MUDBUG on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

THIS HAS BEEN THE MOST DEPENDABLE TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED. 207000 MILES AND NEVER MORE THAN MAINTENANCE HAS BEEN REQUIRED. STILL VERY POWERFUL!!! I LOVE MY TRUCK

'98 Chevy Great Trucks!
By Truck Guy on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab SB

The 1998 Chevy Regular Cab Shortbed Pickup Truck is 'bulletproof'. All aspects of this truck far outdistanced what I had expected. The mileage is great, the appearance is very eye catching and the interior is well thought out.

98 c/k1500 sb review
By tenawk on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck brand new. Drives nice. I've had it 4 years now and it still drives like it's brand new. No squeaks or rattles at all. Still real tight. Upgraded the stereo. Great and easy to clean; I have dogs. I also put much larger tires on it so it looks tough.

good truck
By truckinkev on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck used with about 20,000 miles on it. Since I've had it I've been very pleased with my truck. It's black with chrome wheels and is really sharp, even Ford guys turn their heads to look at it. So far the only major complaint has been the muffler. For some reason the stock muffler has a vibrating noise when the truck is cold. The muffler was replaced under warrenty 4 times and it still does it. I suppose I'll just have to live with it. This was the last year for this body style, you would think they'd have figured it out after 10 years! Enough complaining, I really love this truck. The 4.3 six with the 4 spd auto gets me 18-21 mpg! No B.S.!