1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
disappointed with Chev
By alicat2 on 12/20/07 19:00 PM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I had a 1988 chev and was real happy with it. Bought a used 98 last yr with a 5 litre, auto, 2 wheel dr,and it has cost me plenty. The trani went for a $3,000 touch, rear pinon bearing, manifold gasket, drive shaft seal, thermostat, heater coupler, rad, fuel pump humms like a 747 ready to take off, it's been replaced once already, truck wonders on the road, no pulling power, interior lights work sometimes, frnt seats rattle and move while locked in place, rear seat does the same, squeeky 3rd dr, crappy tire jack design, try changing a tire at 30 below! I'm already looking for a different truck. Really disappointed in Chev.

GM got it right on this one
By JBKnight on 05/19/07 08:26 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought with 38k miles on it, now have 190k with origional engine and major parts. Had to replace normal stuff like alternator, water pump, starter and things that wore out. Known problems with these are a short list. Intake manifold leak, usually around 120k miles or so. Once fixed it is great. Fuel pumps, weak, on my 3rd one. The Vortec higher fuel pressure puts a stress on the GM pumps and when they go, can be real pricey. Radiator cracked at plastic side tank. 5.7 Vortec engine is the greatest, real good power, and with the bed loaded I still get 17mpg highway which I don't consider bad for a truck of this size. Holding value better then any car or truck I have owned.

Reliable. powerful, but heavy.
By matt on 05/03/06 01:33 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got my 98 z71 with only 34k miles on it a few years ago. It's very well built. Easier to work on than other vehicles. Throw a lift and some tires on it and you're ready

Solid Truck
By Anonymous on 06/21/05 12:07 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have had great luck with the truck. No mechanical or electrical problems. I intend to keep it 18-20 more years and if and when I do have problems, most of the equipment is accessible

I am glad I bought it
By k.rutland on 02/09/05 10:50 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new and the price scared me to death. However, I have had no major problem at all. Still looks great! Drives great! The paint shines up fantastic. Now that it is paid for I love it even more. 4wd is awesome & easy, power is fantastic and third door nice. Quiet also. I would definitely buy this truck again! Vortec engine is dependable and the ride of this truck is very nice.

One of the Best
By FlyBoy6871 on 09/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 137000 miles on this truck and it runs great. The tranny died at 113k, but other than that this truck has had no problems whatsoever. It burns no oil, starts right up, and has held up really well. I'll get another 100k out of it no problem. I average 18 mpg on highway, and 12 in the city.I drove 13000 miles in seven weeks on a cross country trip about a year ago in it going as fast as the governor let me (98mph) and it did great. Very comfortable seats for such a long trip. It's a shame they don't build the new ones like this.

1998 Silverado Ext Cab
By Sticker on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

This has been the most reliable vehicle that I have owned. Gets about 15 mpg in town. Comfortable with plenty of interior space.

Mike
By paul skidmore on 03/03/02 17:00 PM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Excellent vehicle. Powerful engine. Has tow pckg, never towed to date. Pewter/Silver exterior w/black accents and tinted windows. Very classy looking. Burgundt interior. Very comfortable ride, Silverado. Bed liner. CD player, cruise, electric locks,mirrors, etc.