1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series 4.3L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 234,000Miles and going Strong!

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Review

Cheyenne Extended Cab Pickup (4.3L V6 5-speed Manual)

234,000Miles and going Strong!
By stnrphilip on

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I picked up a 1992 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 Full size pickup about two years back and am amazed at the quality, and workmanship put into these old beast's. Mine had 145,000 miles on her when i got it and she now has passed 234,000!! No major issues of any kind at this time. I do know i will need to replace the leaf springs and shocks and will add new tires in the spring when weather permits. Yet still she runs great. Mine has the 4.3L V6 engine married to a 5 speed manual tranny. New brakes, brake lines, clutch stage two kit, alternator, radiator, water pump, and oil pump. All that being done as a preventative. I sincerely recommend these trucks, especially the older ones 1992-97

Favorite Features

(Utility) model c/k 1500 series. Full size 8 foot bed, v6 4.3L engine and 5 speed manual tranny, has rubberized cab and floor, heavy duty 2.5 amp alternator and Marker lights on top of cab.

Suggested Improvements

I can't complain but about one thing...I have noticed that mine can be stubborn when starting in the cold, and sometimes my starter will not throw right away, then again it may be due to the fact im running a 675cranking amp Battery and they reccomend a 800 one.