1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Review: Lucky

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Review

Cheyenne Extended Cab Pickup (4.3L V6 5-speed Manual)

By Ron on

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

From looking at the other reviews I should consider myself lucky to have only replaced the altenator & battery @ 36k miles,Power Steering pump @46k, Rear Axle @ 54k and the water pump @ 75k. The rotors lasted until the 3rd set of brakes @ 88k.The Uniroyal Tiger Paws tires were junk from day one they pulled like the front end was out of alignment.The problem fixed itself when I had the tires replaced @ 32k. They were not worn out-i just couldn't take them anymore.Windshield Wiper Controller is defective according to NHTSA id# 03V159000 and has the potencial to affect 1,755,876 1997 Chevy trks-BUT NOT mine.I had the same symtoms that caused 1.7M trks 2b recalled-but my trk was not covered.

Smooth ride (once you get the factory installed Uniroyal Tiger Paws off) Plenty of power and good fuel economy (approx. 17mpg) Resell value is great.

Braking is real spongy. It takes a few seconds the brakes to apply during a hard braking situation. Durability of major components needs to be improved. I have never had a rear axle fail in anything I have ever driven. Chevy should be fair-when they make a defective safey part replace all of them.