1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
VERY GOOD TRUCK
By RBRUCE on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

THE TRUCK IS EXCELLENT ONLY PROBLEM IS WITH PRESSURE CONTROL SOL IN THE TRANS WENT OUT AND THE ALTERNATOR OTHER THAN THAT WOULD RATE IT HIGHLY OVER AND BEYOND FORD , DODGE

It's served me well
By sandygoofy on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had this truck since 1999 and have absolutely loved it. It's the most basic model, but once I installed a CD player in it, I was happy. For a truck, it gets great gas mileage (19 in city). Other than regular maintenance, I've only had one problem. In 2000, my steering wheel began slipping. Going around tight curves, the wheel would yank down all of a sudden. I never lost control, but had to take it to 4 repair shops before the problem was found - a defective steering wheel position sensor - $180. Now, 2 years later, it's beginning to do it again. Other than that, no problems. With 101,000 miles on it, I still love it.

You can't go wrong with this truck!
By chevroletrulz on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 since March of 2002. In the very short time that I have had this truck, I have not found anything that is to my disliking. I have no problems with it at all mechanicaly. Of course, it only has 44,000 miles on it. If everything goes well with this vehicle, I will buy more Silverado 1500's in the years to come.

Great pickup!
By snicknoots on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Great chevy pickup. Having the third door makes it very family friendly, but don't let that fool you, it hauls and pulls like a heavy duty 2500.

chevy silverado 1997
By cdgood on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab LB

Iam very impressed with this vehicle. I use it for every driving and towing my boat and camper. Iwas very happy with the torque of this vehicle, which really surpised me. Highly recommended.

krista
By krista on 03/16/02 12:22 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB