1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
owner
By cookie on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have bought nothing but the chevy trucks. they jusy keep getting better. This one is the most comfortable ride. It has the poower to pull anything you would hook on to it. I have had not a single problem with it. Get truck!!

owner
By Cookie on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Good as Gone!!!!!!!!!
By peterjk73 on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

This was supposed to be the truck I always wanted. What a Joke! I can't even trust it to go 1 mile to the grocery store. It has been a mechanical nightmare. Here is a list of what I have done in the past 6 months. Tune-Up, Distributor 2 times, starter, Intake Gasket, Temp Control Sensor, Water Pump, Radiator & Heater Hoses and now the wiring harness in the steering column.

LAST CHEVY EVER!
By mljc67 on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Repairs are too numerous to list. CD player stopped working at 55000 miles. Leaks anti-freeze from places I didn't know existed. Makes rattle noises that mechanics can't find the source of. Smallest of trailers render the stopping ability useless. Driver's door seems to have been mounted backwards- it never shuts right. Pasenger window decides when to go down or up on it's own.

Last Chevy I will buy
By pjc1 on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is the most costly vehicle to maintain that I have ever purchased. Just a few things I have replaced include 4 sets of rotors, transfer/axle seals, fuel pump, alternator, wheel cylinder, pinion seal, windshield wiper motor, and horn. I just took it in for service yesterday and they say it needs over $1000 worth of repairs including replacement of suspension components and coolant leak repairs. I do not abuse this vehicle in any way or use it as a work truck. My next vehicle will be a heavy duty Ford or Dodge.

chevy truck review
By alcedo on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have enjoyed driving this truck but have a number of items fail due to poor quality. The differential had a bearing go out at 77k and again at 154k, notice a pattern, housing not straight. Mechanic said this was common for that year and he was doing about 2 a week on this truck. Replaced at 50 to 60k the master brake assembly, water pump, fuel pump, alternator, and I have electric problems. Just very poor quality control on these trucks. Gas mileage as expected, body by fisher alright as expected.

Good looking and hard working truck.
By Cliff D. on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new in 97. Drive daily. Been a very reliable, hard working "city truck" for me. I drive it fast. 6 passenger bench seat is roomy but hurts the back on long drives. Sterio and A/C are top notch. Handles very well. Vortec motor is great. I put exhaust, K&N and rims & tires and drives like a race car. Its never let me down.

Chevy lemon 97'1500 pickup
By kingcarz on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

new transmission at 70,000 miles, 3 fuel pumps within 30,000 miles, bad engine at 85,000 miles (350ci), computer failure at 80,000 miles, replaced all emission sensors at 90,000 miles, CD player did not work all the time, engine had constant unrepairable misfire that three different garages could not repair, new air conditioning pump at 92,000 miles,rear end failure at 102,000 miles, on average this truck me cost about $800.00 a month in repairs and was not running one week out of every month due to repairs. also new belt tensioner, three new batterys, two new alternaters, two new starters

Another Fine Chevrolet, Owned!
By Lisa & Mark on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Purchased a used k1500 4x4 step side with 72,000 miles over 7-months ago and have put over 25,000 miles on the since. Have performed routine maintenance and running fine! Even while towing a 28' trailer and 5 passengers. No problem in the power area. Gas mileage is great also. This Chevy is another reminder of why we have owned so many. A great, reliable truck with all the options, comfort, power and safety! Since we travel a lot and have young kids, we added a TV/DVD/VCR player with Headrest Screens and the children stay entertained for the trip. Well, most of the trips anyway! Chevrolet, Keep them coming!

Chevy Truck
By johnc on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought the truck with 36,000 miles on it now has 141,000 and still trucking. Have had to replace the alt, water pump, and the transmition seems to have problems shifting after driving for more than 30 min. Will almost chirp the wheels it shifts so hard. $800 and three shops later still no fix. With the miles I have put on it has served me well.