1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
175,000 and still going.
By Steve (WI) on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Bought it new in 97. Put in a tranny at 165,000. The usual maintenance. The motor is the 305. I have always run synthetic oil in it. 175k and the oil pressure is rock solid. Real good compression for high miles. It's a great truck!

Best Truck Ever
By bigdaddy777 on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have a 97 Z71 Extended Cab. I love it. I have 4wd stick in the floor with 3rd door. I get nearly 20 mpg on the highway, good for a 5.7L motor. I have nothing bad to say about I am the 2nd owner of this truck.

8 years and 100,000 miles
By darleen on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

This truck is just great. The paint is still beautiful, all the gagits still work, power windows and doors, never a problem. It runs great. After 8 years and 100,000 miles you just can't beat it. Other than regular maintance, this truck has cost me nothing in repairs, it is reliable and dependable. I highly recommend it.

Old Reliable
By jvyoung on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab SB

Sense purchase, my C1500 has been very reliable. I bought the truck for what a truck is built for, work. It's used for hauling, towing, and getting the kids to school. At 115k miles, it's still going strong. Only major repair has been a new clutch. This truck has served us well.

Very Good Truck
By YELLOW450 on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Overall this truck has lived up to the GM reputation. Other than basic wear mechanical failure such as alternator, brake pads, water pump, and things of the, there have been no serious problems. Its firm suspension and connected steering give you awesome communication with the road and is actually extremely nimble for a large truck.

Silverado
By Matthew M. Dina on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Simply the best riding truck and dependable as they get!!!

No more Chevy's
By D. Lynn Moore on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Mechanically it is a joke. Had it 2 years and with no warning the rear end blew a big chunk out of it. Have replaced the altanator 3 times, rotors and calipers 3 times and master cylinder once. Power steering unit once Rear view mirror only lasts a year. Intake manifold sprung a leak. 4 of the fuel injectors went out. Transmission went out, no warning just toast. Next the fuel pump and sending unit went out. I've had less problems with my vintage Jaguar. Back to FORD (Fun on the road Dude)

97 C150 EXTCAB
By ATIMMS on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

HAVE HAD FUN DRIVINGTRUCK. BOUGHT USED AT 3YRS (37000 MI). HAS 100000 MI ON IT NOW AND KEEPS RUNNING. HAVE HAD TO REPLACE INTAKE MANIFOLD, WATER PUMP, STARTER, AND MAJOR BRAKE WORK IN FIRST TWO YEARS I OWNED IT. NO MAJOR BRAKE PROBLEMS IN LAST 1-1 1/2YEARS. BEAUTIFUL SILVER COLOR!!

By rod cra on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

Ihad a toyota 3 times before and when i bought a new one and there was problems they did not stand behind it I bought a chevy yes i had a few problems but they took care of the isues to make me happy I will buy a another chevy

Like a Rock- Chevrolet C/K 1500 is solid
By z2im on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

In searching for a used truck, I test drove the Ford F150, Dodge RAM, Dodge Dakota, Chevrolet C/K 1500 and Toyota Tundra. I bought a 1997 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab SB because of the sturdy design, powertrain, body style and the price. The 1500 is a rugged workhorse that can carry cargo and tow, yet provides spacious and comfortable ride for driver and passengers. The 5.7l engine is quiet, reliable and powerful. The automatic transmission is smooth. The 4 wheel drive gets me through challenging terrain (with weight in the bed). At 7 years and 70k+ miles, the vehicle has required only regular maintenance and replacement of wear items(tires, brakes)