Used 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

Not many miles but tons of parts
By Johnny Driver

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Found this truck with 84k on it.Looked good,ran good.It now has 94k. Replaced radiator, original shocks, original brake rotors and pads, front wheel bearings, intake mailfold gasket, rear differental seal, hoses, belt, idler arms, starter, fuel pump, original plugs and wires, cap and rotor, a/c compressor. Replaced all this as each item went out or was worn out. One thing still very good is the paint.T ruck was made in Canada and the paint seems better. Have friends with USA made trucks and the paint was big issue. I keep the oil changed at 2,000 miles. Not sure about past service of the truck. Next time I buy a used car or truck it will be with all records or I am walking away.

It has not broken down in a few months. Inside has lots of room. Solid ride but smooth. Cab still air tight. Third door. Like the power of the 5.7

Well to old of a truck to worry about that now. Just hope Chevy did improve over the years. Won't buy another GM truck ever.

Gave more than what I expected
By GloriJ9

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has performed everytime I needed it to. I've hauled heavy loads (trailer) and it pulled it with no trouble. Drove through flooding and 17" of snow and didn't come close to getting stuck. Gave plenty of space in front and cab. I did have 2 problems: 1) front left brake sensor needed replaced and 2) intake gasgate needed replaced (which I found out is a common problem for this particular vehicle). Other than that, this has been a great truck!

Hauling capabilities and engine strength, color (maroon), 4wd was excellent (never got stuck), cab space, hard-top lid for bed (protected everything in bed), height.

Would be nice to see the truck just a couple inches higher, seats became uncomfortable after a long time, wish gas mileage could've been better (avg between 14-17 mpg - higher if I kept it above half a tank).

11 years strong!
By ChevyMan75482

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

I've had this truck since 97 and since then I've put on 378,794 miles on it. I've never had a problem with the engine. The only major thing were the cruise control, and the fuel pump went out 2-3 times. This thing towed my boat better than my friends Dodge Ram v8. Never going with Dodge again after that. I have the 4.3 liter v6. Next vehicle will definitely be another Chevy.

Towing capability, rugged looks, soft seats, leg room, quietness, and smooth riding.

Cupholder is weak. Interior hard to clean.

A tank with wheels
By Tank

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love this truck. Great on gas and average of 17 city. And will not get stuck no matter what you throw at it.

Everything from the seats to the motor and that it won't get stuck

There is no needed improvement in my book

American made
By Chris

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I bought this truck with 110,000 miles on it and still drive it now, it has 235,000 miles on it. I service it myself, with all the best parts. I put a throttle body spacer, K&N air filter, Hypertec chip, true dual exhast, Accel super coil, and I get 16 in the city 19 on the Highwy with 32x11.50 tires. The vortec 350 engine is great for pulling. I don't care what anybody say's but my Chevy will out pull, out run, and out last any foreign made truck

The guages, push button 4wd,

Fix the u-joint problem, I changed mine 5 times and it was greased more than normal.