Used 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

Gave more than what I expected
By GloriJ9

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has performed everytime I needed it to. I've hauled heavy loads (trailer) and it pulled it with no trouble. Drove through flooding and 17" of snow and didn't come close to getting stuck. Gave plenty of space in front and cab. I did have 2 problems: 1) front left brake sensor needed replaced and 2) intake gasgate needed replaced (which I found out is a common problem for this particular vehicle). Other than that, this has been a great truck!

Hauling capabilities and engine strength, color (maroon), 4wd was excellent (never got stuck), cab space, hard-top lid for bed (protected everything in bed), height.

Would be nice to see the truck just a couple inches higher, seats became uncomfortable after a long time, wish gas mileage could've been better (avg between 14-17 mpg - higher if I kept it above half a tank).

11 years strong!
By ChevyMan75482

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

I've had this truck since 97 and since then I've put on 378,794 miles on it. I've never had a problem with the engine. The only major thing were the cruise control, and the fuel pump went out 2-3 times. This thing towed my boat better than my friends Dodge Ram v8. Never going with Dodge again after that. I have the 4.3 liter v6. Next vehicle will definitely be another Chevy.

Towing capability, rugged looks, soft seats, leg room, quietness, and smooth riding.

Cupholder is weak. Interior hard to clean.

American made
By Chris

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I bought this truck with 110,000 miles on it and still drive it now, it has 235,000 miles on it. I service it myself, with all the best parts. I put a throttle body spacer, K&N air filter, Hypertec chip, true dual exhast, Accel super coil, and I get 16 in the city 19 on the Highwy with 32x11.50 tires. The vortec 350 engine is great for pulling. I don't care what anybody say's but my Chevy will out pull, out run, and out last any foreign made truck

The guages, push button 4wd,

Fix the u-joint problem, I changed mine 5 times and it was greased more than normal.

Like a Rock with a Cadilac Ride
By Walker

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Had this truck for 6 years. Nothing major at all. Replaced water pump @ 75000. Changed filters regularly and (Mobil) oil every 2500 miles. I am a firm believer in preventive maintainence. I don't abuse the truck, but I don't drive it like a little old lady either. I've had 7 Chevy used trucks in my life. I refuse to by new. Get the bugs worked out first. If this truck ever turns on me, I'll never buy a Ford or Dodge. Chevys obviously the truck for me!

The ride is awesome. The body style is second to none. The interior is layed out nicely. I have no wind noise or rattles as of yet. Solid Truck!!

I really can't think of any. It's hard to improve on quality.

Trucks
By tjoyce

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Rear end housing went bad after 50,000 miles. Upper intake gasket went out about the same time.

Premium Cd radio

Gm needs to improve their internal problems with waterpumps/intake gaskets/rear end bearings