Used 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

Amazing. Just amazing
By Austin

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I have beat this thing to death in effort to test just how tough chevy claims it is. I have hit trees, water, and even played truck tag haha. This thing won't die. I revd it to 5000 rpms and dropped it in drive in effort to blow the Transmission and it still shifts perfect. I have not changed the oil for 4 years. No engine knock. I have never seen something so indestructible

319,000 Miles - Still Rolling!
By Ezekiel 9:1

I bought my '97 over a year ago for $450 - yes, $450.00 (that's not a typo or a missing 0 - four hundred and fifty dollars). At the time it had 312,000 miles on it and, due to the recent addition of a second teenage driver it has become my commuter. Thought the gas mileage is what's expected from a small block Chevy V8, I love my truck! Couple of things that are expected from an 18 year old vehicle but hey, it runs like a top! Original engine and tranny, no problems with either. This is the fist Chevy truck I've owned, and always been a Ford lover but "ole'red" has made me a believer in American made trucks. I still love my previous 3 F150s, but will now consider a Silverado in the future!

Gave more than what I expected
By GloriJ9

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has performed everytime I needed it to. I've hauled heavy loads (trailer) and it pulled it with no trouble. Drove through flooding and 17" of snow and didn't come close to getting stuck. Gave plenty of space in front and cab. I did have 2 problems: 1) front left brake sensor needed replaced and 2) intake gasgate needed replaced (which I found out is a common problem for this particular vehicle). Other than that, this has been a great truck!

Hauling capabilities and engine strength, color (maroon), 4wd was excellent (never got stuck), cab space, hard-top lid for bed (protected everything in bed), height.

Would be nice to see the truck just a couple inches higher, seats became uncomfortable after a long time, wish gas mileage could've been better (avg between 14-17 mpg - higher if I kept it above half a tank).

11 years strong!
By ChevyMan75482

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

I've had this truck since 97 and since then I've put on 378,794 miles on it. I've never had a problem with the engine. The only major thing were the cruise control, and the fuel pump went out 2-3 times. This thing towed my boat better than my friends Dodge Ram v8. Never going with Dodge again after that. I have the 4.3 liter v6. Next vehicle will definitely be another Chevy.

Towing capability, rugged looks, soft seats, leg room, quietness, and smooth riding.

Cupholder is weak. Interior hard to clean.

American made
By Chris

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I bought this truck with 110,000 miles on it and still drive it now, it has 235,000 miles on it. I service it myself, with all the best parts. I put a throttle body spacer, K&N air filter, Hypertec chip, true dual exhast, Accel super coil, and I get 16 in the city 19 on the Highwy with 32x11.50 tires. The vortec 350 engine is great for pulling. I don't care what anybody say's but my Chevy will out pull, out run, and out last any foreign made truck

The guages, push button 4wd,

Fix the u-joint problem, I changed mine 5 times and it was greased more than normal.