1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
Gave more than what I expected
By GloriJ9 on 05/22/08 20:44 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has performed everytime I needed it to. I've hauled heavy loads (trailer) and it pulled it with no trouble. Drove through flooding and 17" of snow and didn't come close to getting stuck. Gave plenty of space in front and cab. I did have 2 problems: 1) front left brake sensor needed replaced and 2) intake gasgate needed replaced (which I found out is a common problem for this particular vehicle). Other than that, this has been a great truck!

11 years strong!
By ChevyMan75482 on 05/22/08 18:44 PM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

I've had this truck since 97 and since then I've put on 378,794 miles on it. I've never had a problem with the engine. The only major thing were the cruise control, and the fuel pump went out 2-3 times. This thing towed my boat better than my friends Dodge Ram v8. Never going with Dodge again after that. I have the 4.3 liter v6. Next vehicle will definitely be another Chevy.

American made
By Chris on 03/15/08 08:29 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I bought this truck with 110,000 miles on it and still drive it now, it has 235,000 miles on it. I service it myself, with all the best parts. I put a throttle body spacer, K&N air filter, Hypertec chip, true dual exhast, Accel super coil, and I get 16 in the city 19 on the Highwy with 32x11.50 tires. The vortec 350 engine is great for pulling. I don't care what anybody say's but my Chevy will out pull, out run, and out last any foreign made truck

Like a Rock with a Cadilac Ride
By Walker on 02/23/05 23:53 PM (PST)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Had this truck for 6 years. Nothing major at all. Replaced water pump @ 75000. Changed filters regularly and (Mobil) oil every 2500 miles. I am a firm believer in preventive maintainence. I don't abuse the truck, but I don't drive it like a little old lady either. I've had 7 Chevy used trucks in my life. I refuse to by new. Get the bugs worked out first. If this truck ever turns on me, I'll never buy a Ford or Dodge. Chevys obviously the truck for me!

Trucks
By tjoyce on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Rear end housing went bad after 50,000 miles. Upper intake gasket went out about the same time.

175,000 and still going.
By Steve (WI) on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Bought it new in 97. Put in a tranny at 165,000. The usual maintenance. The motor is the 305. I have always run synthetic oil in it. 175k and the oil pressure is rock solid. Real good compression for high miles. It's a great truck!

By rod cra on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

Ihad a toyota 3 times before and when i bought a new one and there was problems they did not stand behind it I bought a chevy yes i had a few problems but they took care of the isues to make me happy I will buy a another chevy

VERY GOOD TRUCK
By RBRUCE on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

THE TRUCK IS EXCELLENT ONLY PROBLEM IS WITH PRESSURE CONTROL SOL IN THE TRANS WENT OUT AND THE ALTERNATOR OTHER THAN THAT WOULD RATE IT HIGHLY OVER AND BEYOND FORD , DODGE

It's served me well
By sandygoofy on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had this truck since 1999 and have absolutely loved it. It's the most basic model, but once I installed a CD player in it, I was happy. For a truck, it gets great gas mileage (19 in city). Other than regular maintenance, I've only had one problem. In 2000, my steering wheel began slipping. Going around tight curves, the wheel would yank down all of a sudden. I never lost control, but had to take it to 4 repair shops before the problem was found - a defective steering wheel position sensor - $180. Now, 2 years later, it's beginning to do it again. Other than that, no problems. With 101,000 miles on it, I still love it.