Used 1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Silverado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

Gave more than what I expected
By GloriJ9

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has performed everytime I needed it to. I've hauled heavy loads (trailer) and it pulled it with no trouble. Drove through flooding and 17" of snow and didn't come close to getting stuck. Gave plenty of space in front and cab. I did have 2 problems: 1) front left brake sensor needed replaced and 2) intake gasgate needed replaced (which I found out is a common problem for this particular vehicle). Other than that, this has been a great truck!

Hauling capabilities and engine strength, color (maroon), 4wd was excellent (never got stuck), cab space, hard-top lid for bed (protected everything in bed), height.

Would be nice to see the truck just a couple inches higher, seats became uncomfortable after a long time, wish gas mileage could've been better (avg between 14-17 mpg - higher if I kept it above half a tank).

By rod cra

1997 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

Ihad a toyota 3 times before and when i bought a new one and there was problems they did not stand behind it I bought a chevy yes i had a few problems but they took care of the isues to make me happy I will buy a another chevy