1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Reviews 2

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
I love my truck
By ArmyDad on 05/05/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck used in 2005. Since then I've replaced the starter, alternator, and water pump. Just recently...last weekend put in a rebuilt engine. I love driving this truck. It now has 163,700 miles on it and going strong.

1996 Chev C/K 1500, with vortec, 2wd
By Jay Walsh on 12/31/06 21:57 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Used for commute and ranch work. Occassional horse trailer hauling. Engine very reliable. Only invested $1500 in the in 2007.

1996 K1500 Poor Quality
By Duke Six on 12/25/06 10:49 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought truck new. At 24,600 miles the transmission went out. Out of 36 month warranty time. Called GM to ask about some help on repair cost. They said I should have bought extended warranty. I guess they know what kind of junk they are building. Alternator out at 39,000. Never ever buy another GM product.

1996 K1500 a Workhorse and a sedate Lady
By Richard Clapp on 11/29/06 13:48 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased the truck to be my play thing, my work truck and a family hauler, not in that order.. The 5.7 Vortec engine is great for hauling, power and acceleration, but it rarely skips a gas pump (lead foot). My highway mpg with cruise is in the low 20's (with a T-Cover) The truck is perfect inside and very close on the outside. The only major repair I know of was the 4x4 system overhaul by the previous owner who hauled horses all the time. This is normal for most any 4x4 truck when it is used. It is nice enough to drive to the office and fun enough to haul cubscouts in the local parade. Sound system is excellent. I recomend it for anyone looking for a good all around truck!

Lil red truck
By Ron Bridges on 09/09/06 11:57 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I recently changed from Ford to Chevy. This isn't the first GM vehicle I've owned, but if this one is indictive of their trucks, I will definitely buy GM again. The 4.3 litre engine has plenty of pep and it doesn't cost $100 a week to drive.

Solid Truck
By Travistyne on 08/24/05 16:40 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This has been a rock solid truck and without a doubt the most comfortable I have ever driven. Dollar for Dollar it's the best full sized truck out there.

Drove for last 4 years
By Jon Dahl on 04/16/05 22:32 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab LB

i originally purchased this truck for the gas mileage (V6) and to haul my dirt bike in. Installed a K&N filter and MSD for better mileage. Ride is good. Controls and comfort are good. In the last 50K miles had to replace alternator ($100), water pump(~$50), fuel pump($400), ignition module ($500) and the air conditioning compressor ($500). Also all exterior handles. total mileage 96K. Wipers sometimes works, sometimes not. Purchased standard transmission, auto transmission fails after every 70K miles (known several people who have auto trans problems). Will most likely purchase Chevy van as next vehicle, have had worse luck with Ford and Dodge.

I'd do it again
By Kevin Cencelewski on 03/09/05 19:52 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

this is my second K1500 Silverado, my previous was a 1992, that I loved and drove to 225,000 miles. I bought this 1996 with 225,000 miles on it in Feb 04 for $4800.00, I put about $2400.00 into it and it's like a brand new truck. It does feel like it tends to wander more going down the road and sways more in corners than my 92 did. It was amazing though how much this FELT like I was driving a totally different truck from the 92 to the 96. They drive totally different in feel. This truck has way better interior design than the 92. It's always making strange little noises from different areas, I guess the acoustics are just different too. Over all I really like this truck. I'll get another

1996 Silverado Ext Cab 6 cyl stick
By neveragain on 03/02/05 20:27 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Terrible vehicle. So far replaced manifold gasket, water pump,starter X2, A/C compressor, and clutch because the slave cylinder leaked. I have spent more on parts since purchase than I did over the 22 years I drove the last vehicle. For some strange reason GM did not cover the rails on the bed with the bed-liner - I wonder how much they saved doing that?

Great Truck
By Jeff on 12/02/04 20:27 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought new With regular scheduled maintenance this truck has been great. Did first tune up at 100000 miles and was still running great. Truck has been replaced by a 2005 C1500 1/2 ton crew cab, didn't have the heart to trade it in, will find it a good home where it will give another 150000 trouble free miles.