1996 K1500 a Workhorse and a sedate Lady
By Richard Clapp on
1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
I purchased the truck to be my play thing, my work truck and a family hauler, not in that order.. The 5.7 Vortec engine is great for hauling, power and acceleration, but it rarely skips a gas pump (lead foot). My highway mpg with cruise is in the low 20's (with a T-Cover) The truck is perfect inside and very close on the outside. The only major repair I know of was the 4x4 system overhaul by the previous owner who hauled horses all the time. This is normal for most any 4x4 truck when it is used. It is nice enough to drive to the office and fun enough to haul cubscouts in the local parade. Sound system is excellent. I recomend it for anyone looking for a good all around truck!
Favorite Features
Vortec 5.7 V8 engine. Unstoppable/ unskippable CD player. Beautiful interior on my Silverado. Power seats. Almost instant heat from heater when needed. Cupholders and storage everywhere. Extra power plugs. Storage box in engine compartment (Holds my extra fluids including 2 oils, one transmission, and a rag)
Suggested Improvements
The lumbar support on the power seat is powered by a mini airpump under the seat. It needs to work a little better. A little less cockpit noise would also be good. Better mileage, but hey - it's a truck, and I have a lead foot.. Really very little negative, it is a great truck.