1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
Dad's Truck
By Kyoti on 08/12/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This was my father's truck, I inherited it after his passing. I am a Ford girl mainly. But this truck isn't bad. Gas mileage however stinks horribly. But the truck overall is nice. Haven't had to do too much work on it, nothing major at least. Just your basic upkeep on a 13 y/o truck. It doesn't see much drive time due to its "open gullet" and constant thirst for gas. Also have other more fuel efficient vehicles. I like this truck, it has alot of 'get-up-and-go'. But this truck has more sentimental value to me. Overall nice truck but make sure you always have gas money on you!

1996 K1500 Poor Quality
By Duke Six on 12/25/06 10:49 AM (PST)

I bought truck new. At 24,600 miles the transmission went out. Out of 36 month warranty time. Called GM to ask about some help on repair cost. They said I should have bought extended warranty. I guess they know what kind of junk they are building. Alternator out at 39,000. Never ever buy another GM product.

Never again!
By Y Chevy on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Intake gasket blew at 75000, my friend has the same truck and his went at 50000. Transfer case went at 85000, this truck has cured me from chevys...I just hope I can find some sucker to unload this on.....Chevrolet U suck!

great
By chad on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab LB

this truck is awsome

OWNER
By CHARLESFSTEWART on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab SB

EVERY THING ABOUT THIS TRUCK IS GREAT,EXCEPT THE WINDSHIELD WIPERS CONTROL BOX GOT WATER IN IT A COUPLE OF TIMES,AND SHORTED OUT THE WIPERS.

Great Truck
By textruckr on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

First new truck we had purchased. We are still very satisfied with it - pulls great and still gets good mileage. We regularly use it to tow up to 4000# and haven't had any problems yet. This V-6 has more power then the 318 (5.2L) in the 3/4 ton Dodge we traded in on it!