Used 1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

Best Vehicle Ever Owned
By sleeknight2014

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this 96 step-side manual transmission 2-Dr regular bed truck new in 1997. It has Mark III trim and is customized throughout, overhead lights, wood inside trim, running boards, trim over windows, trim over back lights, rails on trailer bed, big wheels, etc. Its black outside and grey inside. It now has only 84,000 miles. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Have been asked to sell everywhere I go but no way Jose. Only thing I have repaired is water pump, regular oil changes, new spark plugs, new tires, new clutch, upholstry front seats, replace back tail light. I am now 71 years old and apparently its gonna outlast me! I love it.

I love the way it looks. Very sporty and still shiny after 18 years. But I keep it in garage. It is great to haul stuff in as I move around quite a bit. And, my dog loves the front seat. She's a german shepherd and have plenty of room for her. These new cars and trucks have bucket seats so no way can I buy a new vehicle as and she wants to ride in front seat. lmao.

Can't think of a single one.

Dad's Truck
By Kyoti

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This was my father's truck, I inherited it after his passing. I am a Ford girl mainly. But this truck isn't bad. Gas mileage however stinks horribly. But the truck overall is nice. Haven't had to do too much work on it, nothing major at least. Just your basic upkeep on a 13 y/o truck. It doesn't see much drive time due to its "open gullet" and constant thirst for gas. Also have other more fuel efficient vehicles. I like this truck, it has alot of 'get-up-and-go'. But this truck has more sentimental value to me. Overall nice truck but make sure you always have gas money on you!

under the hood tool box - wish all vehicles had these!

Better, sturdier cup holders.

1996 K1500 Poor Quality
By Duke Six

I bought truck new. At 24,600 miles the transmission went out. Out of 36 month warranty time. Called GM to ask about some help on repair cost. They said I should have bought extended warranty. I guess they know what kind of junk they are building. Alternator out at 39,000. Never ever buy another GM product.

Looked good when I bought it.

Get a Toyota if you want quality.

Never again!
By Y Chevy

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Intake gasket blew at 75000, my friend has the same truck and his went at 50000. Transfer case went at 85000, this truck has cured me from chevys...I just hope I can find some sucker to unload this on.....Chevrolet U suck!

great
By chad

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab LB

this truck is awsome

the big ass engine

make the engine a lot bigger