1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
The 1996 Chevrolet Z71 is a great truck.
By bubbaman42 on 12/21/12 16:56 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought the truck used with 157,000 miles on it. I've put nearly 20,000 on it since I had it which is about a year. The only things that really went wrong was the alternator went out and a pulley on the belt od=f the alternator which is just normal. I also had the foer wheel drive checked out but nothing major was wrong. I am usually a Ford person but buying the Z71 was a wise choice. I think it is as good as the F-150 trucks I had before it. I will probably drive it till it drops. It was well worth what I payed for it. The motor has plenty of power. It pulls a travel trailer easily. It gets around 20 miles per gallon which is good for a full size truck. I'll keep it till it quits.

Bust Buy for Me
By Dustin on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

This truck was the best truck I have ever owned. I found this sight looking how to repair a inside door handle that has wore out But it has 398 thousand miles on it now. Good maintenance on this truck means good life on this truck. I am I was going to trade it in.and when they told me what the value was for it I decided to keep it and when It gets a little older I might trade it in but maybe not. Thank you David Stanley and GM you built a great truck for me

Trouble free
By JNETO on 06/14/10 22:24 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Since purchasing this truck a year ago (143,000 miles) the only repairs I've made were the water pump and brake rotors. I've put this truck through its paces and it keeps on going. I couldn't ask for much more. GM hit the mark with this truck, the z-71 package and 5.7 hauls 5th wheel trailer without hesitation and has handled everything i've thrown at it. Overall a great truck with many more miles to come.

1996 C1500
By dragatz on 02/18/10 22:12 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab SB

drove the truck daily for 3.5 years, bought it with 140000, has 230000 now, no problems yet. Body did rust a little, but these trucks with the 5.0 will run forever as long as you take care of them. Still use it as a work truck, would drive it anywhere

Favorite Truck Yet
By Ryan on 12/25/09 22:24 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Well i bought the truck to upgrade from a single cab 92 cheyenne. it was the best decision i have made with trucks. it has american racing 20" wheels and a nice paint job. i love it.

Great Truck
By ben on 10/10/09 18:42 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have 170,000 miles and still going strong. Powerful Vortech 350 best GM has ever had in my book. Only problems to date are thermostat, u-joint , and one fuel pump but that's no big deal with the amount of miles. Drive it till the wheels fall off, but the way its going i don't know if that will ever happen. GREAT TRUCK!

Dad's Truck
By Kyoti on 08/12/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This was my father's truck, I inherited it after his passing. I am a Ford girl mainly. But this truck isn't bad. Gas mileage however stinks horribly. But the truck overall is nice. Haven't had to do too much work on it, nothing major at least. Just your basic upkeep on a 13 y/o truck. It doesn't see much drive time due to its "open gullet" and constant thirst for gas. Also have other more fuel efficient vehicles. I like this truck, it has alot of 'get-up-and-go'. But this truck has more sentimental value to me. Overall nice truck but make sure you always have gas money on you!

1996 Chevy 4x4 1500 EXT Cab
By Cameron Owens on 03/18/09 17:08 PM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had my Chevy for a little bit over a year now and it hasn't let me down yet and sure doesn't show no signs of stopping. With 122,000k the truck still runs great and the engine still good as new.

Great truck
By luvmychevy on 05/08/08 08:30 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have replaced radiator starter alternator and belts that's pretty much it. Wasn't really a truck guy till I got this at 148000 miles still going strong. These gas prices are hurting but I can't really part with it. I'll keep rolling till the wheels fall off. And I can do some of the work myself as a rookie mechanic. Will be a loyal bowtie fan forever.

I love my truck
By ArmyDad on 05/05/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck used in 2005. Since then I've replaced the starter, alternator, and water pump. Just recently...last weekend put in a rebuilt engine. I love driving this truck. It now has 163,700 miles on it and going strong.