1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab Consumer Reviews 3

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
Chevy 1500 extended cab-V-6
By rod neal on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

This vehicle was purchased new in 1995. It has been driven an average of 10,000 miles a year. It is equiped with a V-6 engine that suffers in acceleration needs and really doesn't have that much improvement over the V-8 when it comes to gas mileage. It has been an extremely dependable vehicle. The main air conditioning hose was replaced in 2001 and the windshield wiper motor was replaced in 2002. All power features such as electric seats and windows have held steady with no problems. It is an automatic transmission that has never had any strain put on it.

Excellent Chevy Truck
By SteveGoose on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have had virtually no problem with it during the 100k+ miles I've driven it. Runs like new and drives like new. I plan to buy another one in a couple of years, after I put another 100k miles on it.

1995 4WD Cheyenne Ext Cab SB
By Raumulin on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have thoroughly enjoyed my ownership of this vehicle. It is very comfortable yet rugged enough for the back county that we hunt and camp. 1995 was the last year before the vortec engine, so the back yard mechanic feel right at home working on the 5.7 liter V8. Should you need to. I have changed the oil and plugs myself with ease. Like my wife says, "it's a TRUCK, but it rides nicer than many of the cars we've had or ridden in." We purchased our truck without power windows or door lock intentionally, and have not regretted it one bit. We are always outdoors and have never had a window fail to roll down/up when needed. Very reliable rig.

great truck!
By alias123 on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab LB

170,000 on my c15 and all i've done outside routine maint is to have the starter replaced.

A Rock
By Flea on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I truck is amazing!! I have owned for a only short amount of time but I love it. It has great low-end torque and power. Accecleration is respectable for a pick-up. The interior is very comfortable and roomy. There is nothing I dislike about this truck, accept for the gas mileage. 14-17 miles per gallon is about normal.

Best truck I've ever owned
By Richst on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

What can I say? 198,000 miles and it is only recently that I have had to replace a few inexpensive parts (water pump and thermostat). The AC blasts cold air. It's only been tuned twice in 7 years and passes air quality inspection year after year. It's been in deep snow, sand , mud, and just about everything else and has never let me down. I love this truck

Great Truck!
By YRC on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I travelled cross-country several times and found this to be a comfortable and reliable vehicle. I was recently involved in a head-on collision (speed of approx 50 mph) and walked out with just minor scratches and bruising. I wore a seat-belt and the airbag deployed. I think this truck was well-designed because of the way it took the impact of the crash. The interior of the cab was not damaged even though the truck is considered totalled.

Who designed the air vents???
By katdog26 on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I love my Silverado, but the one thing that really bugs me is the placement of the driver's air conditioning vents. There are 3 that are supposed to air the driver, and none of them hit you directly. We have owned 3 GM/chevy 1500 series trucks and all of their brakes have been soft. Nice overall ride, very reliable. Many cupholders! A bit slow acceleration, but adequate for an automatic. All around great truck.