Used 1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

Got to love it!
By Aaron

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the truck in '96 with 43k miles on it. She now has over 296k miles. All I have done is standard stuff. The transmission gave up at 260k miles. The only thing I have done to the truck is replaced the starter! Love the body style and you can buy just about anything aftermarket for them. She gets around 22 mpg out on the highway. Just cant beat that 350ci.

That fact that the truck is 10 years old and people still tell me "Nice truck. What is that, a 99?"

Wish the AC vent was closer or blew harder.

Like a Rock!
By Tim

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Other than a defective wiper switch- recalled by GM finally - and kind of weak brakes, this has been a fantastic truck for the past 10yrs. It has driven well, towed well, still rides great, and the fuel economy for a V8 hasn't been bad either. Other than normal wear and tear, it has had no major mechanical problems in 10 years of hard use. Guess "Like a rock" means something. I hate to sell it, but will look for a new Chevy truck soon- hope it's half as good as this one has been.

V8 power, great power seat & good ride quality

Level floorboards!

K1500 4WD Ext Cab LB
By mf

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought this truck new 10 years ago! Awesome. Owned a Ford F150 before - no comparison. I keep tricking it out with more items, Magnaflow dual exhaust, Manik grill guard, PIAA lights, etc. - I'm addicted to this truck. Never had one problem. Approaching 127,000 miles and still going strong. I've looked at changing trucks, but can't justify it. With a new born now, I'm getting his car seat set up in the ext. cab. This truck is so easy to work on. Tried and true Chevy 350 V8. Tranny is perfect. Used to have a 7,000 lb boat I towed. Installed an electronic brake system - worked great. The long wheelbase helped too. The styling is still awesome! I'd buy another in a "hearbeat."

Functionality, looks, reliability. Great in the snow. Love driving it when it's really coming down. Tow capacity is great. Cockpit is timeless. Comfortable bucket seats. Like the large 34 gallon fuel tank. That was my reason for going with the long bed.

Most have been incorporated into the new Silverado. Better fuel economy would be nice. Definitely a long truck, therefore, 4 wheel steering would be nice when parking.

The best truck"s are Chevy!
By Gman

I have never had any repair on the 1995 Chevy silverado 1500 ext cab sb 5.7 350.cib. The best ride I have ever had in a truck, and full of power. A little hard on gas mileage around 13 to 15 mpg. Front brakes changed two times in 103,000 miles. Never replaced rear brakes. The paint has held up great, still has deep gloss look. Over all the best truck ever.

Power and grace full drive.

Don't change it!

Wish I bought a V8
By MJames

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my truck with a V6,5 speed manaul transmission, thinking I would save gas mileage. I was wrong! Not only have a given up power but with a new Jasper motor in it only 14.79 average gas mileage. I love my truck. Love the look but deeply regret giving up the V8 for the V6. Also my air does not recycle and is always sucking up gas fumes from engine. I can not find a leak any where in the tail pipe system. I don't like the fact that you can not stop the flow of outside air into the cab when the fan is in the off mode.

I like the clean smooth truck look. I handles well. The doors still close with hardly a touch, lots of heat in the winter.

Move the driver's air vent in the center over closer to the driver.