Used 1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

Chevy, Like a Rock
By Andrew

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

The 4.3L V6 give the truck good MPG ratings for a fullsize truck. It is limited to what it can pull or haul, but i have never had any problems with small loads. It makes a great work truck or in my case daily driver, because it always starts and keeps on running. It has been a great truck for me, and I strongly recommend it.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, Smooth quality ride. Looks good with some new wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Cant Think of Any!

Best truck ever. Luxurious ride
By CHEVY C1500 STEPSIDE

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Best vehicle I have ever driven. A very reliable truck. Luckily got it with custom paint. The best looking truck in Maryland. It gets noticed quite a bit especially after a car wash!

Favorite Features

Fast truck and very reliable.... Custom paint is a winner! Got tired hearing how beautiful this truck is!

Suggested Improvements

More affordable truck lines in the future

The Eternal Pickup!
By Stoopy

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

First ever new-from-the-dealer vehicle I ever bought, and over 10 years and 150,000 miles later, it's essentially the same pickup truck! This amazing thing refuses to break, stumble, or die. I have the 4.3 V6 and 5-speed manual transmission, am still on the factory clutch, shocks, and even front brake pads! A little slow but very reliable! I drive it for about 2 or 3 hours a day in highway commuting traffic, from high speeds to bumper-to-bumper traffic, and don't even notice using the clutch pedal anymore. Words cannot describe what I have been through with this truck in 10 years and I know that one day, when it finally goes, I'll break down and cry like a kid.

Favorite Features

Rock solid dependability. Get in, turn the key, drive off. Each and every time for years and years and years. Rubber floors that only need to be wiped down and still look new, whole interior still looks great when I clean it annually.

Suggested Improvements

The old 4.3L V6 could use some more power but still has plenty of torque and is hard to kill off the line. Chevy's got a new line of engines and upped their power anyway. Can't think of any improvements to an old comfortable shoe!

Like a Rock
By Mikenet6

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought it new. I have enjoyed every mile I have driven it. It still looks like new and drives like new. It is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever had. I have had no major work done to it. I would say chevrolet broke the mold with my truck.

Favorite Features

comfortable seats..power accessories..it's like driving a caddilac with 4 wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

Well at 173,000 and still going strong..why change a thing?

Love My Truck
By TJA

Ordered this truck new just the way I wanted it and have loved it for all 153000 I've put on it. The only reason I have to say goodbye and sell it is my second child coming soon and I can't fit four in the cab. A great truck for anyone wanting that good old 350 V8 TBI that is easy to work on and maintain yourself. Have had no major problems with it.

Favorite Features

Great motor and love the classic chevy truck look. All controls easy to reach and understand. Maintainability is great for the do-it-yourself type.

Suggested Improvements

Wish I would have got the extended cab so I could keep it. Long rides are a little unconfortable for the passenger. 14 - 17 mph, but to be expected with a 350 V8.