1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
I love my truck
By Jeremy on 10/05/07 09:54 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my first Chevy truck after owning a Ford sports car for a couple of years. I had a really bad accident with the car and decided I wanted a full-size truck just in case it happened again. It runs strong in all weather and has been mechanically sound since I bought it.

My Old Truck
By claremore boy on 04/25/07 15:01 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had my truck since 8000 miles. It has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. It has never left me stranded. It is family. Therefore it will never be sold or traded . In all this time, other than the recalled wiper assmbly, I have replaced water pump, brake booster, power steering hoses, and brakes once. The original tailpipe just got replacef 2 weeks ago, and I have over 150,000 miles on her! Like I stated before, she is family and has earned the right to someday rest in my field, but she will never be gotten rid of.

Nice work truck
By tombo2213 on 04/05/07 23:55 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought this truck for $0. It sat for 6 yrs after it was in an accident and was used as an abused work truck. After about a year, and $10 thousand dollars later it's in tip top shape. Brand new interior, stock and brand new paint job, green. New tranny, brakes, shocks, wheels tires, exhaust,bumpers, everything. I'm 17 yrs old and I'm glad this truck was my first vehicle. Great truck, looks nice, gets lots of attention, A little rough on the bumps. Wish I had the V8, but it's still a great truck

This truck is awesome
By tornadoes77 on 02/26/07 22:52 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have had my truck for 2 years now. It has a 4.3 V-6 and it has gone though a foot of snow with out a problem. I couldn't have a better truck. The gas mileage is not the best, but it's a full size truck what can you expect? I will have this truck till its days are done, then ill get another Chevy. Chevys rock!

Chevy, Like a Rock
By Andrew on 02/23/06 20:05 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

The 4.3L V6 give the truck good MPG ratings for a fullsize truck. It is limited to what it can pull or haul, but i have never had any problems with small loads. It makes a great work truck or in my case daily driver, because it always starts and keeps on running. It has been a great truck for me, and I strongly recommend it.

Unstopable
By jackson on 11/18/05 18:58 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck with 170k miles. It still drove like new. Now I have 279k miles. In that time I replaced the clutch and ignition switch. Other than that I just put gas in it and drive. This is a work truck that gets used hard. These trucks are great

Best truck ever. Luxurious ride
By CHEVY C1500 STEPSIDE on 10/04/05 16:20 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Best vehicle I have ever driven. A very reliable truck. Luckily got it with custom paint. The best looking truck in Maryland. It gets noticed quite a bit especially after a car wash!

The Eternal Pickup!
By Stoopy on 07/20/05 21:49 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

First ever new-from-the-dealer vehicle I ever bought, and over 10 years and 150,000 miles later, it's essentially the same pickup truck! This amazing thing refuses to break, stumble, or die. I have the 4.3 V6 and 5-speed manual transmission, am still on the factory clutch, shocks, and even front brake pads! A little slow but very reliable! I drive it for about 2 or 3 hours a day in highway commuting traffic, from high speeds to bumper-to-bumper traffic, and don't even notice using the clutch pedal anymore. Words cannot describe what I have been through with this truck in 10 years and I know that one day, when it finally goes, I'll break down and cry like a kid.

Got to love it!
By Aaron on 07/14/05 17:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the truck in '96 with 43k miles on it. She now has over 296k miles. All I have done is standard stuff. The transmission gave up at 260k miles. The only thing I have done to the truck is replaced the starter! Love the body style and you can buy just about anything aftermarket for them. She gets around 22 mpg out on the highway. Just cant beat that 350ci.

Like a Rock!
By Tim on 06/16/05 20:03 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Other than a defective wiper switch- recalled by GM finally - and kind of weak brakes, this has been a fantastic truck for the past 10yrs. It has driven well, towed well, still rides great, and the fuel economy for a V8 hasn't been bad either. Other than normal wear and tear, it has had no major mechanical problems in 10 years of hard use. Guess "Like a rock" means something. I hate to sell it, but will look for a new Chevy truck soon- hope it's half as good as this one has been.