Used 1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

awesome truck
By russ

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought this truck brand new. Now have 311,700 miles on all around excellent service. Had to put some major repairs but no drive train repairs as yet. Starter just went out. New A/C, Booster pump, wiper control/high low beam control radio and water pump. Hope to run it to 500,000 still looks great and ride is superior. Never did do good on gas but that's a truck. Been across country 3 times ready to go again. I think I have the highest mileage of most any 1995 Silverado on the road today. Always serviced on schedule.

Favorite Features

Ride, style and paint

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius

Great Truck!
By Lenny_d

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought the truck used with 38K on it in 2001. At about 60K I began to lose my reverse gear.I was able to baby it for a long time and the truck now has 160K on it and I am going to put it in for a transmission job shortly.The transmission place has told me this is a common occurrence with the 1995 transmissions.(You lose low and reverse gears.)It still doesn't burn oil and runs great.I was always surprised at how well it handled.It is starting to rust on quarter panels and around wheel wells but I think the $2500 transmission job will be worth it.I hope to get another 2 to 3 years out of the truck.

Favorite Features

How it handles and the way it looks.

Great truck
By sheaff8

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is great. It will do anything you want it to. I put a 33 inch all terrain tire on it and I am always pulling my buddies out of the mud and this truck has no problem. I take this truck in the mud fairly often and it has never gotten me stuck. The 350 is a great engine to do modifications on. Great truck!

Favorite Features

I put a set of Flowmaster 40 series on it and it sounds great.

Suggested Improvements

A posi rear would be nice but it gets you where your going.

Old Girl
By UnckleGunk

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck before moving up to Alaska. Just went over 100 thousand miles last month (Aug 08). Only had to change a water pump. I love my ole girl!

Favorite Features

Reliability. Fuel economy. I have the 305, so it gets 18MPG most of the time.

Suggested Improvements

Paint job. My hood clear coat has all but peeled off.

Chevy Quality
By lurod2001

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have had this truck since brand new. Currently has 145000 miles and still going strong. Starts right away, drives anywhere, pulls great and gas mpg not too bad for such a big vehicle. In my opinion, this is the best chevy body, after the body from the 68-72 years. The interior looks brand new. I had a coat of scotchguard applied from the dealer when I bought it. I have had lots of vehicles, both American and Japanese, from 50k vehicles to a recent Scion Xb and I got to say this is the only vehicle I've kept for this long. I tell my 7 year old son he will be driving this truck to (if gas is not $10 a gallon!). There are a lot of Chevys on the road---250k for his truck is the norm.

Favorite Features

Looks, lots of aftermarket parts.

Suggested Improvements

Like it matters...this is a 13 year old truck and I'm sure it's been addressed!