1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
1995 Silverado Extended Cab
By spike_n58 on 04/07/13 18:13 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck about 2 week's ago, She had 122,200 mile's. Everything work's, and run's smooth as a kitten purring. The v6 is plenty of power for what I use it for. It get's excellent gas mileage. My wife love's it, She has a 2010 cobalt, and she drive's the truck more than the car! The service engine soon light come's on every now and then, I can't seem to find anything wrong with it, I think It's a short. Also it is a 5 speed automatic.

Chevy Quality
By lurod2001 on 05/19/08 16:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have had this truck since brand new. Currently has 145000 miles and still going strong. Starts right away, drives anywhere, pulls great and gas mpg not too bad for such a big vehicle. In my opinion, this is the best chevy body, after the body from the 68-72 years. The interior looks brand new. I had a coat of scotchguard applied from the dealer when I bought it. I have had lots of vehicles, both American and Japanese, from 50k vehicles to a recent Scion Xb and I got to say this is the only vehicle I've kept for this long. I tell my 7 year old son he will be driving this truck to (if gas is not $10 a gallon!). There are a lot of Chevys on the road---250k for his truck is the norm.

Chevy 1500 extended cab-V-6
By rod neal on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

This vehicle was purchased new in 1995. It has been driven an average of 10,000 miles a year. It is equiped with a V-6 engine that suffers in acceleration needs and really doesn't have that much improvement over the V-8 when it comes to gas mileage. It has been an extremely dependable vehicle. The main air conditioning hose was replaced in 2001 and the windshield wiper motor was replaced in 2002. All power features such as electric seats and windows have held steady with no problems. It is an automatic transmission that has never had any strain put on it.

Excellent Chevy Truck
By SteveGoose on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have had virtually no problem with it during the 100k+ miles I've driven it. Runs like new and drives like new. I plan to buy another one in a couple of years, after I put another 100k miles on it.

A Rock
By Flea on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I truck is amazing!! I have owned for a only short amount of time but I love it. It has great low-end torque and power. Accecleration is respectable for a pick-up. The interior is very comfortable and roomy. There is nothing I dislike about this truck, accept for the gas mileage. 14-17 miles per gallon is about normal.

Great Truck!
By YRC on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I travelled cross-country several times and found this to be a comfortable and reliable vehicle. I was recently involved in a head-on collision (speed of approx 50 mph) and walked out with just minor scratches and bruising. I wore a seat-belt and the airbag deployed. I think this truck was well-designed because of the way it took the impact of the crash. The interior of the cab was not damaged even though the truck is considered totalled.