Used 1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Silverado Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

1995 Silverado Extended Cab
By spike_n58

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck about 2 week's ago, She had 122,200 mile's. Everything work's, and run's smooth as a kitten purring. The v6 is plenty of power for what I use it for. It get's excellent gas mileage. My wife love's it, She has a 2010 cobalt, and she drive's the truck more than the car! The service engine soon light come's on every now and then, I can't seem to find anything wrong with it, I think It's a short. Also it is a 5 speed automatic.

Back seat, and back window's.

Nothing

Chevy Quality
By lurod2001

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have had this truck since brand new. Currently has 145000 miles and still going strong. Starts right away, drives anywhere, pulls great and gas mpg not too bad for such a big vehicle. In my opinion, this is the best chevy body, after the body from the 68-72 years. The interior looks brand new. I had a coat of scotchguard applied from the dealer when I bought it. I have had lots of vehicles, both American and Japanese, from 50k vehicles to a recent Scion Xb and I got to say this is the only vehicle I've kept for this long. I tell my 7 year old son he will be driving this truck to (if gas is not $10 a gallon!). There are a lot of Chevys on the road---250k for his truck is the norm.

Looks, lots of aftermarket parts.

Like it matters...this is a 13 year old truck and I'm sure it's been addressed!

Chevy 1500 extended cab-V-6
By rod neal

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

This vehicle was purchased new in 1995. It has been driven an average of 10,000 miles a year. It is equiped with a V-6 engine that suffers in acceleration needs and really doesn't have that much improvement over the V-8 when it comes to gas mileage. It has been an extremely dependable vehicle. The main air conditioning hose was replaced in 2001 and the windshield wiper motor was replaced in 2002. All power features such as electric seats and windows have held steady with no problems. It is an automatic transmission that has never had any strain put on it.

multiple lighter jacks. A cruise control that holds steady without variation.

easier programmable clocks, lighted mirror on passenger sunvisor. Larger glove box.

Excellent Chevy Truck
By SteveGoose

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have had virtually no problem with it during the 100k+ miles I've driven it. Runs like new and drives like new. I plan to buy another one in a couple of years, after I put another 100k miles on it.

Design is v. appealing. Gas milage is great for a full sized truck w/ a V8 (18 regular driving and 22 mpg on the highway). V. comfortable. I'm 6'6" and really enjoy this vehicles room.

None.

A Rock
By Flea

1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I truck is amazing!! I have owned for a only short amount of time but I love it. It has great low-end torque and power. Accecleration is respectable for a pick-up. The interior is very comfortable and roomy. There is nothing I dislike about this truck, accept for the gas mileage. 14-17 miles per gallon is about normal.

The exterior design is great looking. There is only one word that describes it, TOUGH. The engine is strong and powerful (5.7L). The ride and handling is also great.

Nothing, except better gas mileage.