1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Review: Unstoppable.

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Review

Unstoppable.
By Doug on

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

Bought in 2008, I'm the third owner. Recently broke 327,000 miles. The first engine and transmission were replaced at around 260,000 miles. It has the 4.3 Vortec V6 and is far more powerful than I expected. Mine is 2wd and a blast to drive, will smoke tires and kick the back end out, no problem, while still hauling me to school and work every day. The gas mileage is pretty decent for a pickup, although nothing to write home about. That's not why I bought it. Interior is large (for a regular cab). Doors are gigantic and there is an incredible amount of legroom. Will fit 3 adults without too much complaint. Amazingly reliable, runs well in all weather, and doesn't let me down, ever.

Windows are huge, great visibility. HVAC controls are cool-looking, and allow for very precise airflow control. Heater is amazing. 327,000 miles and 14 years later, body still looks very nice and the paint has held up well.

Cassette player is nearly impossible to reach, definitely could be closer to the driver. Long box makes turning radius brutally wide. Also, there isn't a warning for leaving the dome light on.