1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Review: Awesome Truck!

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Awesome Truck!
By ProudZ71 on

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my truck from the dealer (5000 miles) new while on a business trip 2000 miles from home. What a pleasure to trade in an old, tired, diesel Blazer for this truck! Still more comfortable to drive than most new cars or trucks and reliable to the end! I have had almost no problems with this truck and only normal stuff wear out; battery, alternator, tires, water pump. I went 100K on original brakes and mech told me only to change the front and clean and adjust the rear; they were fine. 12 years without service and the AC still freezes me out on hot days! This truck has never let me down even after pulling a 4000 trailer from coast to coast in 100+ degree heat! Great purchase!

Awesome 4x4 with locking rear differential and limited slip front! Front buckets with driver electric seat extremely comfortable even on extended trips. Very reliable truck! I never think twice about this thing getting me to where I want to go.

Braking efficiency leaves something to be desired although good wear. Grab an amp and a sub for the stereo. Stay away from 3:42 gear ratio - too high for the 5.7L, although very nice for highway cruise will not pull anything heavy very well. Stick with 3:73. Could have better engine cooling.