Awesome Truck!
By ProudZ71 on
1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
I bought my truck from the dealer (5000 miles) new while on a business trip 2000 miles from home. What a pleasure to trade in an old, tired, diesel Blazer for this truck! Still more comfortable to drive than most new cars or trucks and reliable to the end! I have had almost no problems with this truck and only normal stuff wear out; battery, alternator, tires, water pump. I went 100K on original brakes and mech told me only to change the front and clean and adjust the rear; they were fine. 12 years without service and the AC still freezes me out on hot days! This truck has never let me down even after pulling a 4000 trailer from coast to coast in 100+ degree heat! Great purchase!
Favorite Features
Awesome 4x4 with locking rear differential and limited slip front! Front buckets with driver electric seat extremely comfortable even on extended trips. Very reliable truck! I never think twice about this thing getting me to where I want to go.
Suggested Improvements
Braking efficiency leaves something to be desired although good wear. Grab an amp and a sub for the stereo. Stay away from 3:42 gear ratio - too high for the 5.7L, although very nice for highway cruise will not pull anything heavy very well. Stick with 3:73. Could have better engine cooling.