Used 1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

Dependable Truck
By Msilva

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck new. With over 150,000 miles it still runs great. The A/C went out at 140,000 miles. The starter at 50,000 miles and the wiper motor at 100,000. That's it. No other mechanical problems with this truck. It's been taken off-road by teenagers, stolen by illegals - still very dependable.

Favorite Features

Body design. Power.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius could be improved

Silverado good bang for the buck
By Badassmekanik

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

These are great trucks for the money. Parts for repairs are super cheap and insurance is too. Fuel economy is not too bad for a full size truck long as you use the gas with no ethanol.

Favorite Features

Body style, fuel economy, cheap parts, cheap insurance, reliable, and tons of after market goodies.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system, turning radius, and old school looking interior.

Good Overall Truck
By Lobo713

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I have owned this truck for almost a year, I put about 20,000 miles on it and have had a few repairs, mostly normaal things, the A/C compressor is gone but at 190K that's to be expected and I will replace it with a bypass pulley. Other than that it just needs a tune-up to gain back some gas mileage. I have always sworn by Chevrolet for solid trucks and this trucck is proving me right, I drive a lot off-road and on dirt roads that tear cars apart and aside from needing an alignment this truck has held up to alot of pounding. The stepside design looks nice and even after 14 years the paint is only just beginning to fade. Highly recommend a Chevy to anyone who needs a solid, dependable truck.

Favorite Features

4-wheel drive system is easy to use and repair. 350 has alot of power.

Suggested Improvements

Increase acceleration a bit and add some helper springs to the rear.

Bad Experience
By Adam Walker

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

Although being a gorgeous truck, my Chevy has broke down on me several times having owned it for less than a year. No problems for 1st 3 1/2 months ow owning it when slowly going over a speed bump my exhaust pipes decide to break off and slam to the ground, luckily I had rope to tie them and drive home to weld pipes back to frame. Worst experience would be having my ECM fail and almost running into several cars trying to get my truck to stop, (its hard to avoid vehicles when your engine quits when on freeway and you lose power steering and brakes). I managed to limp to a garage a couple miles down the street. ECM failed (delivers gas to engine, that fails=not a running truck

Favorite Features

good looks, good sounding engine. but i will continue my experience from above. ecm failed, cost $700 for new computer chip. Also my engine stutters for the 1st 5-10 min of running. will not get above 2300 rpm, i think it is bad fuel injection design (my truck has TBI) 5.7 litre v-8

Suggested Improvements

good sounding, good looking, but bad gas bad engine, and bad reliability for me

Truck
By Stetson

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab LB

These trucks are good reliable trucks. Mine has over 200,000 miles on it and still running strong. I can honestly say it is the best truck I have ever had.

Favorite Features

The stance of the truck.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy should have put only standard trannys with the V6's. Mine is an auto V6, and I want more power