Used 1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

Very Reliable Truck
By Paul

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

My daughter picked it out with 30,000 miles on it at a Missoula dealer while going to the University of Montana. I felt she ought to get something like a honda crv or civic but the wife said get what she wants. So......when she graduated she got a new VW Convertible bug, again, what she wanted. Me....I got her truck. It's got 209,000 miles on it now, I drive 50 miles 'round trip every day to work and it's still going strong. Broke the reverse gear in the trainny at about 150,000 miles,cost 1200 for trainny guy to rebuild but versus buy new? forget it...rebuild. I'm thinking about doing the "Cash for clunkers" Book says worth 2K. But having a Pickup worth more to us.

Long bed and the bullet proof 4.6L V-6.

Cab is tiny.

It IS Like a Rock
By South Jersey Chevy

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Bought this truck over ten years ago with 80000+ miles on it. Has never let me down. The fuel pump tried once, but I was able to jump start it by banging the tank with my fist. Truck design is simple, it was not over engineered. Very easy to work on for what few repairs have been needed over ten years. (All trucks need maintenance and repairs no matter what brand, foreign or domestic). I look forward to another ten years behind the wheel.

The exterior design. I believe the exterior of the '88 to '98 GM trucks still has the best look and lines of any truck ever produced.

The factory radio was an odd setup, too late to improve that now.

Best truck on the Road
By Kings Red Rider

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck has been a pleasure to drive! Truck rides and handles well whether for work or play!Lots of visibility. Easy to get in and out of. Fuel economy could be better for a v6. Long bed is nice for haulin stuff, but makes parking tough sometimes as the wheelbase is long. Glove box needs a lock on it. 60,000 miles and only a minimal amount of maintenance put to it.

Red color. Wide doors. Good visibility. Great handling truck. Long bed. Great ride.

Lock on glove compartment. Better head rest.

Unstoppable.
By Doug

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

Bought in 2008, I'm the third owner. Recently broke 327,000 miles. The first engine and transmission were replaced at around 260,000 miles. It has the 4.3 Vortec V6 and is far more powerful than I expected. Mine is 2wd and a blast to drive, will smoke tires and kick the back end out, no problem, while still hauling me to school and work every day. The gas mileage is pretty decent for a pickup, although nothing to write home about. That's not why I bought it. Interior is large (for a regular cab). Doors are gigantic and there is an incredible amount of legroom. Will fit 3 adults without too much complaint. Amazingly reliable, runs well in all weather, and doesn't let me down, ever.

Windows are huge, great visibility. HVAC controls are cool-looking, and allow for very precise airflow control. Heater is amazing. 327,000 miles and 14 years later, body still looks very nice and the paint has held up well.

Cassette player is nearly impossible to reach, definitely could be closer to the driver. Long box makes turning radius brutally wide. Also, there isn't a warning for leaving the dome light on.

Great Truck!
By off road mania

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Best pickup I've ever owned. I didn't want to part with it but I needed better MPG's. The Silverado never let me down and was super realiable. It towed everything I threw at it without a problem, race car, atv, boat, and the tranny or engine or drivetrain never let me down. Good performance off road but a little rough on the road (it is a truck though). 60/40 bench seat was very comfortable. Factory stereo could use some improvement. The only issue I had with the truck was the rear cab corners rotted out and it seems to be a problem on these trucks. Overall this truck can get it done and quickly.

350 V8, towing ability, larger tires, realiability and look.

Use better steel in certain areas