1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Consumer Reviews 3

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
One Tough Truck
By BigGuy on 02/06/08 08:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck from my dad and it has not let me down yet. Mine has the 5.0L V8 RWD and still gets around good in snow/mud. The 5.0L is a more capable choice than the 4.3L. Good engine with 191,085 miles. This truck can take a beating!

Silverado ext. cab
By omar on 08/25/07 23:49 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've had my Silverado since 1998. At almost 160,000 miles, it still works great, has never given me any major mechanical problems. Just regular oil changes and tune-ups. Overall, excellent truck, very reliable

94 Silverado
By gish on 07/24/07 21:23 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck in 1999 for $10,000 I was sure it was a good deal, it had 140K on it. I put a transmission in at 200k and had an issue with carbon build up around 220K. I finally purchased another Silverado, for a family car and used this to travel daily. With the gas prices soaring and my daily trip being 70 miles a day I sold the truck with 294,000 on it. But the engine was still running strong. Biggest problem with the vehicle was the BAD primer which caused the paint to peel and rust to finally start.

BigBlue
By dman on 03/23/07 05:29 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had this truck since '94 almost new, it had 7,000 miles when I bought it. It's got 199,345 on it now, and in all that time I've only replaced the ujoints and standard stuff belts, brakes, waterpump and fuel pump. I love this truck. I work as a network engineer so I'm on the road at least 150mi a day. Fill up now is 50 bucks but that's not going to stop bigblue. It rides and sounds good w/5.7l+dual exaust. Paint is finally going but she's still a looker. Great truck.

Like a Rock
By alaurencde on 01/12/07 06:27 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have owned several Chevy full size trucks over the years. I purchased my current '94 from a friend at work that was relocating. The truck has never let me down and I have put it through hell. It starts everytime and just doesn't break It is by far the best bang for buck I have ever purchased. Everything works, cheap to operate and looks good too. Mine has the 5.0 V8, the gas mileage isn't great, but its paid for, insurance is cheap and I can buy a lot of gas for the cost of buying some used import that can't carry anything. Unless I crash it hard, I will never sell this truck! Plus any repair parts are cheap, look at ebay or Autozone.

Awesome Truck!
By ProudZ71 on 07/28/06 14:31 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my truck from the dealer (5000 miles) new while on a business trip 2000 miles from home. What a pleasure to trade in an old, tired, diesel Blazer for this truck! Still more comfortable to drive than most new cars or trucks and reliable to the end! I have had almost no problems with this truck and only normal stuff wear out; battery, alternator, tires, water pump. I went 100K on original brakes and mech told me only to change the front and clean and adjust the rear; they were fine. 12 years without service and the AC still freezes me out on hot days! This truck has never let me down even after pulling a 4000 trailer from coast to coast in 100+ degree heat! Great purchase!

My frist love
By Hankster on 04/22/06 06:44 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck in 1994 and paid an extra $500 to have it clear coated. After 145,000 miles on it looks like the day I bought it. At 54K I put on a whipple supercharger and this truck runs like a dream. I will keep this truck to the end. Best truck I ever had and the last one as I see it out lasting me. Upkeep is just soap and water. I love this truck.

OK But...
By byoung on 12/07/05 18:36 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Never had one problem with this truck, (bought with 45000 miles on it), then right at 100500 miles the engine gave up on me. Ive read there were a few years where Chevy made a "butter block" as in soft, and apparently I got one. But I love this truck and I put in a replacement motor from a 95 S-10, same 4.3 V-6 Vortec, and when I recieved it, had a badge on the engine block from GMC stating the engine had been rebuilt once already in 98!! Like I said I love this truck and barring this "little" problem the truck has been wonderful.

My Truck
By Masterson on 11/08/05 14:29 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought the thing new in 94 and I am not even considering replacing it yet. I would buy another Chevy in a heart beat..The Vortec V6 gets great mileage for a truck and after 12 years it still looks great.

Great p/u
By nick on 12/26/04 17:43 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I bought my pickup in 1998 with 39,000 miles on the odometer. This has been a great truck and I have driven it almost everyday since I bought it. It has survived everything from Montana winters to Texas summers and has been nothing but reliable. It always starts whether it's below zero or 105. The only thing that I have had to fix was a bearing in the transmission ($330) at about 65K. It now has over 160K on it and it fires up every morning and runs perfect. I will buy another Chevy if I can ever part with this one.