Used 1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

Great since new
By chevytim

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

My baby.Bought my '94 W/T brand new in July of '94.I have a company supplied truck for work since '98, so this one gets used for everything but that.4.3L V6,4 speed auto trans(weird that auto trans wasn't on Edmunds list selection),no a/c(who needs it?).Except for auto trans ,bare bones truck.A little over 100,000 miles.Silver,looks like new.Always dependable.Use it for work sometimes when the Ford diesel is broke down.Love this truck,hope to have it another 20 yrs.Never had any major repairs.Even with it sitting in unheated garage sometimes for extended periods,it always gets up and goes.Interior is very comfortable also ,which is good on longer trips.

No power accs. to fix...Vortec V6.

I guess radio could have better reception.

Going Strong After 290,000 miles
By nashvillekat1

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab SB

I can't believe that after driving it almost 300,000 I can still go 2,000 miles without having to add oil. Bought car at dealer with 20,000 miles and have had no major repairs. Only problems now are Auto Transmission shifts rough when cold but otherwise still ok. A/C is out with a leak. Otherwise, original fuel pump, alternator, differential, engine, etc... going strong. Bob Seeger was right... Like a Rock.

Keeps on Running
By TXMAN

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab SB

My Uncle purchased this truck new in 1994. When he passed in 2002, I inherited the truck. With 152,000 miles there have been no major repairs or cost of ownership. Like all trucks from this year, the windshield wiper motor had to be replaced. Engine and transmission are running strong. The paint still looks great, unlike other years for Chevy trucks, when the paint fades and peels over time.

The truck is responsive, the gas mileage is not bad for a pickup, and it is just fun to drive.

The placement of the CD/Cassette player.

Great Truck
By 1500 W/T

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

I got this truck from my girlfriend's dad, and I have to say it has been great for me and for him as well. Starts everyday runs great I just put a tune up on it (plugs, wires, air filter, cap,rotor, fuel filter) replace the U-joints just because and a new gas line but considering that it has 266,000 miles on it and I drive it everyday, that 4.3L engine has proven it self to me.

Bench seat, looks, and indestructible 4.3 L engine

cup holders poor and cab is a little small for a standard cab.

Great Truck
By Chevy 1500 W/T

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck in October of last year and it has been the best purchase I have ever made. I live in Ohio and have driven it to Minnesota twice and to this day it has never let me down. In the 8 months of owning it, i have spent $60 on front brakes and $20 on coolant. Along with regular oil changes. Its 4.3 L V6 engine gets about 12 mpg in the city and up to 21 mpg on my long highway trips. The engine and manual transmission are still running strong at 162,000 miles. I love the bench seat and have absolutely no complaints about its body. By far the best looking truck body style out there today.

Body, Transmission, Ride Comfort.

Better gas mileage.