1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
Great since new
By chevytim on 10/29/13 15:24 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

My baby.Bought my '94 W/T brand new in July of '94.I have a company supplied truck for work since '98, so this one gets used for everything but that.4.3L V6,4 speed auto trans(weird that auto trans wasn't on Edmunds list selection),no a/c(who needs it?).Except for auto trans ,bare bones truck.A little over 100,000 miles.Silver,looks like new.Always dependable.Use it for work sometimes when the Ford diesel is broke down.Love this truck,hope to have it another 20 yrs.Never had any major repairs.Even with it sitting in unheated garage sometimes for extended periods,it always gets up and goes.Interior is very comfortable also ,which is good on longer trips.

Going Strong After 290,000 miles
By nashvillekat1 on 06/12/11 07:38 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab SB

I can't believe that after driving it almost 300,000 I can still go 2,000 miles without having to add oil. Bought car at dealer with 20,000 miles and have had no major repairs. Only problems now are Auto Transmission shifts rough when cold but otherwise still ok. A/C is out with a leak. Otherwise, original fuel pump, alternator, differential, engine, etc... going strong. Bob Seeger was right... Like a Rock.

Keeps on Running
By TXMAN on 07/25/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab SB

My Uncle purchased this truck new in 1994. When he passed in 2002, I inherited the truck. With 152,000 miles there have been no major repairs or cost of ownership. Like all trucks from this year, the windshield wiper motor had to be replaced. Engine and transmission are running strong. The paint still looks great, unlike other years for Chevy trucks, when the paint fades and peels over time.

Great Truck
By 1500 W/T on 07/15/10 18:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

I got this truck from my girlfriend's dad, and I have to say it has been great for me and for him as well. Starts everyday runs great I just put a tune up on it (plugs, wires, air filter, cap,rotor, fuel filter) replace the U-joints just because and a new gas line but considering that it has 266,000 miles on it and I drive it everyday, that 4.3L engine has proven it self to me.

Great Truck
By Chevy 1500 W/T on 06/06/10 14:11 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck in October of last year and it has been the best purchase I have ever made. I live in Ohio and have driven it to Minnesota twice and to this day it has never let me down. In the 8 months of owning it, i have spent $60 on front brakes and $20 on coolant. Along with regular oil changes. Its 4.3 L V6 engine gets about 12 mpg in the city and up to 21 mpg on my long highway trips. The engine and manual transmission are still running strong at 162,000 miles. I love the bench seat and have absolutely no complaints about its body. By far the best looking truck body style out there today.

Very Reliable Truck
By Paul on 06/25/09 04:52 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

My daughter picked it out with 30,000 miles on it at a Missoula dealer while going to the University of Montana. I felt she ought to get something like a honda crv or civic but the wife said get what she wants. So......when she graduated she got a new VW Convertible bug, again, what she wanted. Me....I got her truck. It's got 209,000 miles on it now, I drive 50 miles 'round trip every day to work and it's still going strong. Broke the reverse gear in the trainny at about 150,000 miles,cost 1200 for trainny guy to rebuild but versus buy new? forget it...rebuild. I'm thinking about doing the "Cash for clunkers" Book says worth 2K. But having a Pickup worth more to us.

It IS Like a Rock
By South Jersey Chevy on 04/04/09 16:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Bought this truck over ten years ago with 80000+ miles on it. Has never let me down. The fuel pump tried once, but I was able to jump start it by banging the tank with my fist. Truck design is simple, it was not over engineered. Very easy to work on for what few repairs have been needed over ten years. (All trucks need maintenance and repairs no matter what brand, foreign or domestic). I look forward to another ten years behind the wheel.

Best truck on the Road
By Kings Red Rider on 01/26/09 18:22 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck has been a pleasure to drive! Truck rides and handles well whether for work or play!Lots of visibility. Easy to get in and out of. Fuel economy could be better for a v6. Long bed is nice for haulin stuff, but makes parking tough sometimes as the wheelbase is long. Glove box needs a lock on it. 60,000 miles and only a minimal amount of maintenance put to it.

Unstoppable.
By Doug on 12/28/08 22:00 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

Bought in 2008, I'm the third owner. Recently broke 327,000 miles. The first engine and transmission were replaced at around 260,000 miles. It has the 4.3 Vortec V6 and is far more powerful than I expected. Mine is 2wd and a blast to drive, will smoke tires and kick the back end out, no problem, while still hauling me to school and work every day. The gas mileage is pretty decent for a pickup, although nothing to write home about. That's not why I bought it. Interior is large (for a regular cab). Doors are gigantic and there is an incredible amount of legroom. Will fit 3 adults without too much complaint. Amazingly reliable, runs well in all weather, and doesn't let me down, ever.

Good Overall Truck
By Lobo713 on 04/30/08 14:04 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I have owned this truck for almost a year, I put about 20,000 miles on it and have had a few repairs, mostly normaal things, the A/C compressor is gone but at 190K that's to be expected and I will replace it with a bypass pulley. Other than that it just needs a tune-up to gain back some gas mileage. I have always sworn by Chevrolet for solid trucks and this trucck is proving me right, I drive a lot off-road and on dirt roads that tear cars apart and aside from needing an alignment this truck has held up to alot of pounding. The stepside design looks nice and even after 14 years the paint is only just beginning to fade. Highly recommend a Chevy to anyone who needs a solid, dependable truck.