1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
Keeps on Going
By amber19 on 09/17/12 22:51 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Very reliable, great truck. Just hit 220,000 miles and still purrs. I am 3rd owner and over the 4 years since my purchased have only replaced starter and battery. Handles great in the snow, and towing. I hope it makes it to 300,000 miles!! It is an automatic 5.7 V-8. ( It didn't have the option up above.)

the confederat runs like a champ!
By sparky8265 on 02/26/11 19:44 PM (PST)

bought it a week ago used from a dealer told everything worked great 4x4 is solid changed out the transmission for $1100.00 used included install, ran great! just did plugs and wires to get rid of the misfire and she runs great!, typical rust on the ext cab corners good prject for this summer! in 2wd never have gotten stuck in the Mn snow, runs great idels great chevy has never let me down with any of the 5 cars or trucks or vans ive owned in 14 yrs! I standardly do all my own work except when I dont have a garage to do it in, so this last few jobs done by a shop and did great work in getting her back on the road, want a good truck look no further! I have the 350 5.7 V8 no option to add

Built like a rock
By gm on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

i have had 2 94 silverados in my life. the first one was bought new and totaled in 09, that one with the 5.7 auto, then i bought a 4.3 manual, the 5.7 is an awesome puller, and the 4.3 has a lot of power for a v6. these trucks are so tough, i hit at least 5 deer with these and never did a thing to them, (besides crack the grill little) the first one only lasted to about 140,000 miles and the 4.3 now has almost 200,000, and the only thing that was every changed was the alternator, the only downside is comfort and a HUGE turning radius, these trucks are a lot tougher than the new one, i hit a deer with my 06 and there was almost $5500 worth of damage

Junk
By jjsmith on 07/04/10 19:15 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab LB

We've had so many problems with this truck. We have already had to replace the ac bypass, fan belt, brakes, radiator hose, wheel cylinders on both sides and it's now July 2010. The truck constantly knocks and when the truck gets to 35 mph the rpm drop down and doesn't want to shift gears, the truck will die 2-3 times within 2 minutes and it's had a tune up so who knows what's wrong with it.. The gas is about 5mpg city and 10 highway, it's the 5.7 L V8. The driver side window motor has went out and we can no longer afford to keep repairing this truck so we decided to go ahead and start making payments on an 04 Hyundai. The truck has about 250K miles on it and runs horribly.

1988-1998 K1500 are JUNK
By sean2202 on 06/04/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased my K1500 extended cab silverado Z71 with 68,000 miles in 5/02 from 1 original owner and it was great for the first 2 years. I did all the regular maintenance by the book. At 114,000 I had to replace the engine. The engine builder said the block was junk because the cylinder walls were soft like butter (original block made in Mexico) After this I had to replace the front and rear gears at 128,000. I had the truck repainted in 2004 because the paint was pealing. Other repairs were the radiator, alternator, rear brake lines 2 times A/c compressor fuel lines and the front brake caliper. Now at 145,000 my frame is rusted and cracked in half in front of the leaf spring.

Great Truck!
By off road mania on 11/20/08 16:33 PM (PST)

Best pickup I've ever owned. I didn't want to part with it but I needed better MPG's. The Silverado never let me down and was super realiable. It towed everything I threw at it without a problem, race car, atv, boat, and the tranny or engine or drivetrain never let me down. Good performance off road but a little rough on the road (it is a truck though). 60/40 bench seat was very comfortable. Factory stereo could use some improvement. The only issue I had with the truck was the rear cab corners rotted out and it seems to be a problem on these trucks. Overall this truck can get it done and quickly.

Dependable Truck
By Msilva on 11/20/08 16:23 PM (PST)

I purchased this truck new. With over 150,000 miles it still runs great. The A/C went out at 140,000 miles. The starter at 50,000 miles and the wiper motor at 100,000. That's it. No other mechanical problems with this truck. It's been taken off-road by teenagers, stolen by illegals - still very dependable.

Silverado good bang for the buck
By Badassmekanik on 06/24/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

These are great trucks for the money. Parts for repairs are super cheap and insurance is too. Fuel economy is not too bad for a full size truck long as you use the gas with no ethanol.

One Tough Truck
By BigGuy on 02/06/08 08:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck from my dad and it has not let me down yet. Mine has the 5.0L V8 RWD and still gets around good in snow/mud. The 5.0L is a more capable choice than the 4.3L. Good engine with 191,085 miles. This truck can take a beating!

Silverado ext. cab
By omar on 08/25/07 23:49 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I've had my Silverado since 1998. At almost 160,000 miles, it still works great, has never given me any major mechanical problems. Just regular oil changes and tune-ups. Overall, excellent truck, very reliable