1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
Great since new
By chevytim on 10/29/13 15:24 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

My baby.Bought my '94 W/T brand new in July of '94.I have a company supplied truck for work since '98, so this one gets used for everything but that.4.3L V6,4 speed auto trans(weird that auto trans wasn't on Edmunds list selection),no a/c(who needs it?).Except for auto trans ,bare bones truck.A little over 100,000 miles.Silver,looks like new.Always dependable.Use it for work sometimes when the Ford diesel is broke down.Love this truck,hope to have it another 20 yrs.Never had any major repairs.Even with it sitting in unheated garage sometimes for extended periods,it always gets up and goes.Interior is very comfortable also ,which is good on longer trips.

Keeps on Going
By amber19 on 09/17/12 22:51 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Very reliable, great truck. Just hit 220,000 miles and still purrs. I am 3rd owner and over the 4 years since my purchased have only replaced starter and battery. Handles great in the snow, and towing. I hope it makes it to 300,000 miles!! It is an automatic 5.7 V-8. ( It didn't have the option up above.)

Going Strong After 290,000 miles
By nashvillekat1 on 06/12/11 07:38 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab SB

I can't believe that after driving it almost 300,000 I can still go 2,000 miles without having to add oil. Bought car at dealer with 20,000 miles and have had no major repairs. Only problems now are Auto Transmission shifts rough when cold but otherwise still ok. A/C is out with a leak. Otherwise, original fuel pump, alternator, differential, engine, etc... going strong. Bob Seeger was right... Like a Rock.

the confederat runs like a champ!
By sparky8265 on 02/26/11 19:44 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

bought it a week ago used from a dealer told everything worked great 4x4 is solid changed out the transmission for $1100.00 used included install, ran great! just did plugs and wires to get rid of the misfire and she runs great!, typical rust on the ext cab corners good prject for this summer! in 2wd never have gotten stuck in the Mn snow, runs great idels great chevy has never let me down with any of the 5 cars or trucks or vans ive owned in 14 yrs! I standardly do all my own work except when I dont have a garage to do it in, so this last few jobs done by a shop and did great work in getting her back on the road, want a good truck look no further! I have the 350 5.7 V8 no option to add

Built like a rock
By gm on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

i have had 2 94 silverados in my life. the first one was bought new and totaled in 09, that one with the 5.7 auto, then i bought a 4.3 manual, the 5.7 is an awesome puller, and the 4.3 has a lot of power for a v6. these trucks are so tough, i hit at least 5 deer with these and never did a thing to them, (besides crack the grill little) the first one only lasted to about 140,000 miles and the 4.3 now has almost 200,000, and the only thing that was every changed was the alternator, the only downside is comfort and a HUGE turning radius, these trucks are a lot tougher than the new one, i hit a deer with my 06 and there was almost $5500 worth of damage

Keeps on Running
By TXMAN on 07/25/10 07:45 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab SB

My Uncle purchased this truck new in 1994. When he passed in 2002, I inherited the truck. With 152,000 miles there have been no major repairs or cost of ownership. Like all trucks from this year, the windshield wiper motor had to be replaced. Engine and transmission are running strong. The paint still looks great, unlike other years for Chevy trucks, when the paint fades and peels over time.

Great Truck
By 1500 W/T on 07/15/10 18:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB

I got this truck from my girlfriend's dad, and I have to say it has been great for me and for him as well. Starts everyday runs great I just put a tune up on it (plugs, wires, air filter, cap,rotor, fuel filter) replace the U-joints just because and a new gas line but considering that it has 266,000 miles on it and I drive it everyday, that 4.3L engine has proven it self to me.

Junk
By jjsmith on 07/04/10 19:15 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab LB

We've had so many problems with this truck. We have already had to replace the ac bypass, fan belt, brakes, radiator hose, wheel cylinders on both sides and it's now July 2010. The truck constantly knocks and when the truck gets to 35 mph the rpm drop down and doesn't want to shift gears, the truck will die 2-3 times within 2 minutes and it's had a tune up so who knows what's wrong with it.. The gas is about 5mpg city and 10 highway, it's the 5.7 L V8. The driver side window motor has went out and we can no longer afford to keep repairing this truck so we decided to go ahead and start making payments on an 04 Hyundai. The truck has about 250K miles on it and runs horribly.

Great Truck
By Chevy 1500 W/T on 06/06/10 14:11 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck in October of last year and it has been the best purchase I have ever made. I live in Ohio and have driven it to Minnesota twice and to this day it has never let me down. In the 8 months of owning it, i have spent $60 on front brakes and $20 on coolant. Along with regular oil changes. Its 4.3 L V6 engine gets about 12 mpg in the city and up to 21 mpg on my long highway trips. The engine and manual transmission are still running strong at 162,000 miles. I love the bench seat and have absolutely no complaints about its body. By far the best looking truck body style out there today.

1988-1998 K1500 are JUNK
By sean2202 on 06/04/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased my K1500 extended cab silverado Z71 with 68,000 miles in 5/02 from 1 original owner and it was great for the first 2 years. I did all the regular maintenance by the book. At 114,000 I had to replace the engine. The engine builder said the block was junk because the cylinder walls were soft like butter (original block made in Mexico) After this I had to replace the front and rear gears at 128,000. I had the truck repainted in 2004 because the paint was pealing. Other repairs were the radiator, alternator, rear brake lines 2 times A/c compressor fuel lines and the front brake caliper. Now at 145,000 my frame is rusted and cracked in half in front of the leaf spring.