Used 1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Work Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Ck-1500-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:

332000 and she's dying
By redtiezz

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck for 1000 bucks, its been worth every penny. This truck is very easy and comfortable to drive. The engine has always had a squeaky noise (I think from the valves). Despite the wimpy 4.3 engine that does not accelorate well, it just keeps going and going like the energizer bunny. OK so the trans is failing and I"ll probably rebuild it. For some reason my truck has very little rust, all in the typical areas about as big as dimes but only surface rust. I have the button radio and heating style, the volume button is very jumpy.

Favorite Features

Reliability, and ride comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Door latches especially the passernger side does not want to stay closed all the way, so it rattles, unless you shut the floor mat in it. No door pin adjustment, its a fixed pin.

W/T 1500 4.3 V-6 auto
By Carl

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is my first ever pickup truck. I have been a Chevy fan for years (own 3 other Chevy Cars now too) this is not a truck for hauling heavy loads (V-6) but for daily usage and light hauling, it's hard to beat. I now have 142000 miles on this truck and it still runs great. I have redone the A/C as I live in south Florida and it is a must have. Other than that just basic maint. Getting about 17 MPG but gets down into the 10-12 range if you tow anything. Easy to work on and get parts for, plenty of room to swing a wrench too. If the V-6 dies, I am tossing in a 350 crate motor, but no sign of weakness from the 4.3 so far.

Favorite Features

Full size bed, simple drive train layout, not a technological nightmare.

Suggested Improvements

Better seats, cargo hooks.

Good truck
By wisconsin

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Regular Cab C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

Fun truck to drive took me awhile to find a 5spd but was glad when I found a 5 speed Chevy. Good truck got some pick-up and go to it. Not horrible on gas(16mpg) for the power it's got.

Suggested Improvements

More 4wd manuals, more manuals with tacometers. Most manuals I see have no tac. But a lot of autos with tacs.