1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
Juggernaut
By eviljoel on 10/02/12 07:40 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Ive had trucks before but this chevy is the best beast I've ever owned. I have the 5.7l and auto transmission. If you have a crude understanding of basic maintenance, you can keep this truck running forever. If not, when it does break the parts are the cheapest I've ever seen in a truck.. Even the motor can be had for under a grand. The body has no rust the frame has surface rust I regularly sand and repaint. Its a shame they don't make them like this anymore.

Won't ever quit
By Mitch on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been in My family for at least 8 years, we got it when it had around 200k on it. We had to rebuild the 5.7L v8 only because the frosh plug fell out and it burned up. it now has 460k on it body, and interior is still decent, and besides regular maintenance, like shocks, starters, breaks and oil changes this truck has been the most reliable truck i've seen. PS minus 40 degrees Celsius, still starts without being plugged in. Like a rock

Great Truck
By Anthony Marroy on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

bought this truck used in 1996 with 56k miles on it. Have 283,000 on it now. No major problems. Had to replace the transmission at about 180,000 miles, though this was my fault thinking I could pull a heavy trailer in OD on flat run. Replaced transmission and have had no other problems. Just replaced stereo speakers last week, all had gone out. Have put 2 A/C compressors and that is about it. Use Mobil 1 5w30 synthetic oil and change oil every 10,000 miles, filter every 5k. uses 1/2 quart in 5k. Still pulls trailer great with 350 engine. get about 16.5-18 mpg in town, can get as much as 22.5 on hwy. Clear coat starting to peel, but will keep this truck till it dies, and then some.

Unstoppable
By Tinnerette on 04/11/10 13:59 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is the 3rd 4.3l TBI I have owned. I recommend this motor in anything GM/Chevy made. My truck tows like nobody's business & fires-up strong EVERY time I turn the key. Has not once left me stranded. I just keep up on reg maintenance, the 189k miles she has now will undoubtedly be only a portion of what she will do. Parts are super easy to find too.

Will this thing ever die?
By abmac123 on 04/08/08 20:05 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

The ol' girl turned over 311K today, and has never had major (4.3L Z engine) surgery. I've replaced bolt on parts, and had the manual tranny rebuilt, but this Chevy has just run and run. She left me stranded just once in the past 15 years when the fuel pump went. Original universal joints in the drive shaft! Pulled a 4000# camper many miles without complaint. The BIG problem was de-laminating paint. Was a problem, because the paint just ain't there anymore.

Best truck I ever owned
By BoatMan on 08/17/07 12:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

Only truck I ever own that I didn't have in the shop every month for something. This truck rides better than the 2002 Cadillac DHS I own! The gas mileage leaves some to be desired but still best truck.

Great truck!
By elotak on 08/11/05 12:24 PM (PDT)

I was looking for a truck with enough power to tow my race car around. I liked the clean lines of the Chevy. The body sheet metal is durable. 12 years old and only 1 ding noticed. The interior is very comfy and yet durable. The factory radio/tape deck sound worse than a clock radio. However, it is very easy to swap out for an aftermarket head unit. 99,000 miles and I have only had an alternator, wiper motor, and the A/C condenser go out. The engine easily pulls my 4,000 lb race car and trailer. The newer vortec offers 50 more horsepower and better fuel economy so if you can afford go for a 1996 or newer. The 4L60E transmission get a bad rap but with reg fluid and filter change is strong.

The 1993 Chevrolet Z71, Incredible
By Greggo on 07/01/05 17:14 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

I just hit 215,000 miles with my truck. I just had the transmission rebuilt at 213,000, and it was the original transmission. This truck will run forever and it has never broken down on me anywhere. I wish the gas mileage was better, but with as many miles that this engine has, it still has smooth, strong power. An awesome workhorse. I wish I could buy another '93, brand new. I will definitely stick with a Chevrolet, but only after this truck can no longer run. I plan on rebuilding the engine so it should go for another 200,000 miles.

1993 Chevy Silverado 1500 ext.sb 4.3L
By Chelsea on 01/20/05 10:28 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is awsome truck! It's carburated 4.3L engine has the get up and go, plus it's great on gas mileage. Nice smooth ride, lot's of fun to drive. And is great to haul things, tow things, or anything you want.

By randall t on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series Extended Cab C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

it is fullee loweded sharp pu