1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
332000 and she's dying
By redtiezz on 12/08/07 19:36 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck for 1000 bucks, its been worth every penny. This truck is very easy and comfortable to drive. The engine has always had a squeaky noise (I think from the valves). Despite the wimpy 4.3 engine that does not accelorate well, it just keeps going and going like the energizer bunny. OK so the trans is failing and I"ll probably rebuild it. For some reason my truck has very little rust, all in the typical areas about as big as dimes but only surface rust. I have the button radio and heating style, the volume button is very jumpy.

W/T 1500 4.3 V-6 auto
By Carl on 10/26/07 10:33 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

This is my first ever pickup truck. I have been a Chevy fan for years (own 3 other Chevy Cars now too) this is not a truck for hauling heavy loads (V-6) but for daily usage and light hauling, it's hard to beat. I now have 142000 miles on this truck and it still runs great. I have redone the A/C as I live in south Florida and it is a must have. Other than that just basic maint. Getting about 17 MPG but gets down into the 10-12 range if you tow anything. Easy to work on and get parts for, plenty of room to swing a wrench too. If the V-6 dies, I am tossing in a 350 crate motor, but no sign of weakness from the 4.3 so far.

Good truck
By wisconsin on 01/12/07 12:35 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

Fun truck to drive took me awhile to find a 5spd but was glad when I found a 5 speed Chevy. Good truck got some pick-up and go to it. Not horrible on gas(16mpg) for the power it's got.