1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C/K 1500 Series model:
Juggernaut
By eviljoel on 10/02/12 07:40 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Ive had trucks before but this chevy is the best beast I've ever owned. I have the 5.7l and auto transmission. If you have a crude understanding of basic maintenance, you can keep this truck running forever. If not, when it does break the parts are the cheapest I've ever seen in a truck.. Even the motor can be had for under a grand. The body has no rust the frame has surface rust I regularly sand and repaint. Its a shame they don't make them like this anymore.

Great Truck
By Anthony Marroy on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

bought this truck used in 1996 with 56k miles on it. Have 283,000 on it now. No major problems. Had to replace the transmission at about 180,000 miles, though this was my fault thinking I could pull a heavy trailer in OD on flat run. Replaced transmission and have had no other problems. Just replaced stereo speakers last week, all had gone out. Have put 2 A/C compressors and that is about it. Use Mobil 1 5w30 synthetic oil and change oil every 10,000 miles, filter every 5k. uses 1/2 quart in 5k. Still pulls trailer great with 350 engine. get about 16.5-18 mpg in town, can get as much as 22.5 on hwy. Clear coat starting to peel, but will keep this truck till it dies, and then some.

Unstoppable
By Tinnerette on 04/11/10 13:59 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is the 3rd 4.3l TBI I have owned. I recommend this motor in anything GM/Chevy made. My truck tows like nobody's business & fires-up strong EVERY time I turn the key. Has not once left me stranded. I just keep up on reg maintenance, the 189k miles she has now will undoubtedly be only a portion of what she will do. Parts are super easy to find too.

Will this thing ever die?
By abmac123 on 04/08/08 20:05 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

The ol' girl turned over 311K today, and has never had major (4.3L Z engine) surgery. I've replaced bolt on parts, and had the manual tranny rebuilt, but this Chevy has just run and run. She left me stranded just once in the past 15 years when the fuel pump went. Original universal joints in the drive shaft! Pulled a 4000# camper many miles without complaint. The BIG problem was de-laminating paint. Was a problem, because the paint just ain't there anymore.

1993 Chevy Silverado 1500 ext.sb 4.3L
By Chelsea on 01/20/05 10:28 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

This is awsome truck! It's carburated 4.3L engine has the get up and go, plus it's great on gas mileage. Nice smooth ride, lot's of fun to drive. And is great to haul things, tow things, or anything you want.

Chevy Extended Cab
By Click on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Best used truck on the market.

Best truck ever
By 350Boy on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the truck new in 1993 it was and still is my first truck and mode of transport it is brand new inside and out she has 269000 miles on her and still pulls my 26 gooseneck and horses as she did the day i bought her

Great Truck
By uhhomlt on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck has been very reliable.

Excellent Truck!
By prastys minelga on 03/14/02 22:54 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned this truck since new. It has been the best car I have ever owned. I have owned trucks from Japan and they were never as tough or reliable. The servicing has been very easy and parts are inexpensive. I will never but anything else. Forget the imports!